cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.21 Now Available on Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
The latest release has just hit PTC — here’s what you can expect. The updates for this month center on the new Rift Core 2.0 beta! In addition to the usual channels, we're introducing UserVoice as a way to organize feedback and suggestions (visit the Oculus blog to learn more). Don't forget you can log bugs right from the reporting tool in Rift. Thanks for testing!

Features

• Wishlists: You can now add apps you'd like to purchase or download later to your wishlist in the Oculus Store. You can choose to see updates about sales and other promotions for apps on your wishlist.
  • Rift Core 2.0 (Beta):
    • The core software experience in Rift has been rebuilt, replacing the existing Universal Menu and Home with a new Touch-native interface.
    • Note, core functionality of Rift Core 2.0 should work fine with Windows 7 and 8.1, but some features, like Oculus Desktop virtual computing and Dash as an overlay may require you to have Windows 10, update your graphics card drivers, or make other system adjustments to use all of the features of Rift Core 2.0 as intended. For more information, see https://support.oculus.com/1702745539746285 and https://support.oculus.com/551671135186908, as well as https://www.oculus.com/blog/rift-core-20-updates-beta-coming-soon-plus-redesigned-desktop-app-experi... and https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-rift-core/.
    • Dash:
      • Dash is a redesign of our VR system interface from the ground up that opens up new possibilities for VR and immersive computing.
      • An overlay system lets you use all the features of Dash without leaving your current app.
      • Bring your Windows desktop apps into VR so you can listen to your favorite music, watch a show, or create something in VR based on a pinned photograph, all without removing your headset.
    • Oculus Home:
      • Completely overhauls your personal space in VR to let you customize your environment, share it with your friends, or visit their space.
      • Collect interactive objects you and your friends can play with in VR, such as bows and arrows, targets, and stackable objects.
      • Use decorations and furniture to make your Home uniquely your own.
      • Show off your accomplishments in VR with achievement elements.
    • Oculus desktop app:
      • Redesigned user interface provides improved top-level navigation and a dark theme to make things easier on your eyes.
      • A brand new landing page includes:
        • more engaging app previews
        • clearer announcements for new features and updates
        • faster access to your recent VR apps
        • more social features, including seeing which multiplayer and social apps your friends are playing, as well as ways to connect with people you may know or have met in VR
  • Graphics: We'll now let you know the graphics card driver version you'll need for the latest update. See https://support.oculus.com/1702745539746285/ for details.

Bugs

• Fixed graphics issues related to recent Nvidia driver updates.

Required GPU drivers:
  • AMD: 17.11.2
  • NVIDIA: 388.31
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
270 REPLIES 270

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
I'm really digging it.  However a couple things I cant wrap my head around is, how do I listen to the sound from my virtual desktop, I tried to get down on some Critical Roll in VR but the sound wouldn't work?  Also the Oculus app says my USB drivers should be updated but everything says I'm all the way up to date?

Astralite
Protege
Sad there's no desktop for Windows 7...I understand why, still sad.  😕

Otherwise no problems I can think of. Smooth rendering, aim with the gun is good (I shot better with my left hand on my first try, which was weird), the environments and decorating are cool (lockdown would be nice). Was kind of annoyed that the grip on the golf club was set. I would've liked gripping anywhere I want. Guess we're "not there" yet.

The environments are pretty amazing so far. I love that you used the city from the demo.

But yeah, not being able to have desktop overlays in my VR in Windows 7 (again, I understand) sucks. Was really hoping for "Netflix and Sculpt" (Medium)

thoiter
Protege

mphotog said:

Please remove that awfull background music. Its not worth upgrading if you have to listen to that endless loop

You can turn it off using the wristwatch.

thoiter
Protege

Varcarus said:

nrosko said:

How do you turn the music down without turning off the sound? 

I would like to know this too, unless of course it's a coming feature to mute/change the music which would be nice either way.

Tap the wristwatch. There's a music volume control/mute setting.

Aesthetiker
Explorer
My Rift and the 2 sensors went red and it says "Update USB Driver" but everything is uptodate. I use a inatek 3.0 4port Card. Did serveral installations/deinstallations with and without windows device manager, but nothing changed. Even updated intel chipset driver.

When putting on the rift the "performance dots" in options is showing 2 green and one yellow dots. I get some jacks and jitters. Home itself works as good as it is in its beta status only the problems with the USB is a pain in the brain...

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Rift and the 2 sensors went red and it says "Update USB Driver" but everything is uptodate. I use a inatek 3.0 4port Card. Did serveral installations/deinstallations with and without windows device manager, but nothing changed. Even updated intel chipset driver.

When putting on the rift the "performance dots" in options is showing 2 green and one yellow dots. I get some jacks and jitters. Home itself works as good as it is in its beta status only the problems with the USB is a pain in the brain...

I had the same issue, I had tried updating my Fresco Logic drivers but that seemed to have failed, now I show Microsoft Fresco Logic drivers dated April 2017. So far everything seems to be working great.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Aesthetiker I would recommend you actually ignore warnings about USB drivers (at first), especially if you're using the Inatek card. Only mess with the drivers if you are experiencing issues. After uninstalling/re-installing the Inatek drivers you might still see warnings in Oculus Home. Check the driver date on the USB controller in Device Manager and see if the drivers where actually installed/updated. If you get jitters with the Inatek card there are some registry tweaks you can try, but you can also try just uninstalling the Inatek drivers and reboot, and let the Microsoft drivers install. If those work without issues then i would recommend leaving those in there. Seems that for some the MS drivers work best, for others the Inatek drivers. Hope it helps!

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
Uninstalling the fresco drivers and reinstalling worked, however.  When I first uninstalled the drivers and tried to reinstall I got an error saying the 3.0hub hardware could not be detected.  If that happens just do a windows 10 update in settings and it will re download the basic drivers, then just download and install latest fresco and it clears the issue up

Dyplex
Honored Guest
Is there a way to have both the beta and non-beta home apps installed side by side?

I've had a few weird issues with an online game and wasn't sure if it was due to the new home beta or possibly dash?  The only way to find out is to switch back and forth between the old version of home and the new version. But to do that you have to turn on/off beta, wait for the update to trigger, wait for it to download, wait for it to install, then restart everything. It's more time consuming than it needs to be. It'd be nice if the two installations could live side by side and one could launch them individually to test different behaviors.

BunkerBuster
Explorer
excuse me for the silly question using the desktop to play non VR games is possible to exclude the "pointer using sight?" of the rift ? I'm playing ghost recon woodlands and the graphics is perfect but I can't fina a way to exclude rift and touch and use only the command from xbox controller. thank you