cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Worldwide launch ?

Zandil
Level 8
Pretty much in the title, has it been confirmed it will be a Worldwide launch ?
11 REPLIES 11

Disdroid
Level 2
I doubt that it will launch on the same day in USA and Zimbabwe.
People tend to believe what they want to be true.

Zandil
Level 8
"Disdroid" wrote:
I doubt that it will launch on the same day in USA and Zimbabwe.

Well true, and I would get it before the US 🙂 but hoping they don't do a staggered release with weeks or months between each area they open up.

scottycam
Level 2
I think they will release pre-orders for the CV1 to every location they currently sell/ship the DK2 too.

RonsonPL
Level 7
"scottycam" wrote:
I think they will release pre-orders for the CV1 to every location they currently sell/ship the DK2 too.

I think the CV1 will be longer than DK2 list (of countries). Just my blind shot, though.
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.

Mradr
Level 13
"RonsonPL" wrote:
"scottycam" wrote:

I think the CV1 will be longer than DK2 list (of countries). Just my blind shot, though.

It will, but it wont on first release. My understanding is that the current list has been shrinking because of release for the CV1. Dk2 was a good test release that show a lot of problems with getting their product into other countries at hand.

Australia was one of the counties they were shipping to ~ but took a long time in customs and everything else to get the product to them in a timely fashion. There were pages and pages of people complaining when Dk2 release for their country alone. I guess it back fired xD

3rd part vendors will be how they ship to other counties at that point ~ that be the only other way if they do plan on it ~ but I don't think Oculus wants to deal with the middle man for some reason ~ so they will be shipping just to the locations that are currently on the Dk2 list right now. Plus they might be on a limited supply because of the high demand at first.

EisernSchild
Level 4
That is a good question ! The next question i would have is : When comes the day where i can order a CV1 on Amazon or buy one in the next store selling hardware ? And when will this be possible here in europe ?

Zandil
Level 8
"Mradr" wrote:
"RonsonPL" wrote:
"scottycam" wrote:

It will, but it wont on first release. My understanding is that the current list has been shrinking because of release for the CV1. Dk2 was a good test release that show a lot of problems with getting their product into other countries at hand.

Australia was one of the counties they were shipping to ~ but took a long time in customs and everything else to get the product to them in a timely fashion. There were pages and pages of people complaining when Dk2 release for their country alone. I guess it back fired xD

3rd part vendors will be how they ship to other counties at that point ~ that be the only other way if they do plan on it ~ but I don't think Oculus wants to deal with the middle man for some reason ~ so they will be shipping just to the locations that are currently on the Dk2 list right now. Plus they might be on a limited supply because of the high demand at first.

I hope that is not the reason the DK2 list was shortened, I posted this in the other thread but i would suggest the list was shortened due to DK2 production has been slowed or stopped due to up coming pre-orders and launch.

Mradr
Level 13
"Zandil" wrote:

I hope that is not the reason the DK2 list was shortened, I posted this in the other thread but i would suggest the list was shortened due to DK2 production has been slowed or stopped due to up coming pre-orders and launch.

Yes, that's is true as well ~ but the problems of shipping to other countries still holds. They might allow a few other counties to pre order CV1, but like I said, there were some BIG problems with the release of Dk2 that cause pages and pages of complaints. I just wouldn't be surprise if they did is all.

Not saying they didn't have a right to complain ~ but you know ~ problems happen and thing can scale up quick if they are delay (1-2 days is one thing, but months (shipping and customs) that are outside of one control) is annoying to explain to everyone. Better to keep people safe than sorry it seems.

Who knows ~ it was just a theory. I am just basing it off what happen in the Dk1 and Dk2 days. Short/Mid supply, high demand, global want, manufacturing, quality testing, vendor support, etc etc ~ just a lot of pressure to meet all the demands when they are such a young company.

Then again, if they been manufacturing CV1 for the past few months (they said it was "lock" at this point, so if they haven't made any big changes from when they first show it off until OC2) then there will be a much larger supply pool this time around as they plan to release early 2016. OC2 will have more answers is all I know xD If they are keeping with what they show off already ~ then yes, we will have a much larger pool vs when Dk2 release. If they change anything BIG, then it'll be more limited ~ and that means a limited world wide release. If they change something small here and there (give or take what is consider small) then it'll only hurt it the pool size/maybe.

RonsonPL
Level 7
Mrard

You're probably right, but then again - DK2 was a prototype without ever having a huge launch plans. CV1 is a commercial product, this time managed by professionals of product launching and with quite a lot bigger budget for it.
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.