cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift in retail stores from Apirl

thief6666
Level 2
http://www.roadtovr.com/the-oculus-rift ... ome-april/

I guess demo units will be available to try! cool!
19 REPLIES 19

Redamz
Level 3
I thought they were gonna be for sale 😞

Mradr
Level 13
LMAO, something seems really wrong about this. Like, how will they have enough stock? Are they opening up another plant just for retail? Why April? Does that mean they took a lot of April stock away from preorder? Are they going to close pre-order soon then? I mean at one point you don't wanna keep selling it as a pre-order and instead that everyone will just have to wait at this point.

The store rifts will be in short supply as well... Hmm.. Why do I remember something like this a year back... something seems off:P Unless they just mean only "demo" then that would make a whole lot more sense. Either way, not worth to wait for the store version as it will be solid out fast. Prediction would be Q4 2016 before you see it really in stores other than for demos.

thief6666
Level 2
I remember that there were several products that while available for preorder - hit retails stores the same day as preorders shipped. I preordered RAGE and got some bonus shogun but it hit shelves exactly at the same time.

So my theory is that they have pool of Rifts reserved for BestBuy etc that will sell out real quick. By preordering you are making sure that you will get your rift.

I makes sense to sell something like RIFT in a retail store where you can have demo kiosk. You have to see VR to understand it.

OnlyLevelOne
Level 4
Hey, if your Rift hasn't shipped by the time they hit the stores, you could always try to grab one at the store and then cancel your order.

But, I have a feeling the stores will always be sold out.

Melmix
Level 5
I can understand they want demo booths to sell more units, but it doesn't seem very fair to the people being excited about this product, who have preordered way earlier and won't get theirs untill june or something. Personally I think Oculus should stay true to their die hard fans and let them get it first. Sure they can make demo Booths, but they shouldn't start selling in stores before they have fulfilled all preorders. It just seems unfair and wrong in so many ways to do it any other way.
Me for the next year... :geek: VR4EVER! :lol:

Radamanthys
Level 3
"Melmix" wrote:
I can understand they want demo booths to sell more units, but it doesn't seem very fair to the people being excited about this product, who have preordered way earlier and won't get theirs untill june or something. Personally I think Oculus should stay true to their die hard fans and let them get it first. Sure they can make demo Booths, but they shouldn't start selling in stores before they have fulfilled all preorders. It just seems unfair and wrong in so many ways to do it any other way.

what about the die hard fans of europe that were not included in the 20 countries for pre order ? I do not know if it will be only for demos, but if it is for sale maybe I have an opportunity to buy the Oculus Rift since I can not do pre order, I think it would be just and right in many ways.

zork2001
Level 7
Vague and meaningless right now; they plan to make a retial deal once things calm down basically.

EarlGrey
Level 5
I don't understand this.

If I "pre order" online I have to wait until July. But I can buy it in a retail store in April?

smilertoo
Level 4
They said retail would only be in the USA.