cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Controller losing tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've started to notice my right touch controller losing tracking. I'm not sure what triggers it exactly, but jumping into dead and buried might be one of them (or could be coincidence). 

The only way I can solve the issue is to restart Oculus home or take the battery out of the controller and put it back in.
56 REPLIES 56

Fredd32
Adventurer
I have also noticed over the course of a week or so my guardian bounds shift about a foot to the right. Front facing setup 6ft high 11ft apart. I also get the right touch tracking issues on occasion but can normally fix by restarting oculus services.

kevink808
Superstar
I really think they need to stop recommending 2 cams for experimental (diagonal) roomscale setups.  Clearly it doesn't work nearly as good as it should for most people and officially endorsing this risks disappointing a lot of people on the Rift because of false advertising.  They should recommend 3 cams for roomscale and 2 cams for front-facing 180 degree experiences.  From there, they need to really nail down their setup tolerances, including the types of spaces people are working with.  I've seen some really odd spaces people have tried to use, like L-shapes, long narrow rooms, closets, etc.  Far from ideal.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fredd32 said:

I have also noticed over the course of a week or so my guardian bounds shift about a foot to the right. Front facing setup 6ft high 11ft apart. I also get the right touch tracking issues on occasion but can normally fix by restarting oculus services.

taking out the battery and putting it back in usually solves it for a while

Applecorp
Rising Star

kevink808 said:

I really think they need to stop recommending 2 cams for experimental (diagonal) roomscale setups.  Clearly it doesn't work nearly as good as it should for most people and officially endorsing this risks disappointing a lot of people on the Rift because of false advertising. 

In my experience I absolutely agree with this. 2 sensors diagonally just doesn't cut it. I can't tolerate it anyway.

SilentRage47
Honored Guest
2 sensors in front and I have problems with the right controller too. This never happened too often, but somehow Eleven Table Tennis stress the right controller too much and it just goes crazy in about 20 minutes of playing. The fact that this is solvable just my restarting Oculus Home makes my think this is a just a software issue, I hope so. I'll do more test when the third sensor arrive next week.

Fluke
Heroic Explorer

2 sensors in front and I have problems with the right controller too. This never happened too often, but somehow Eleven Table Tennis stress the right controller too much and it just goes crazy in about 20 minutes of playing. The fact that this is solvable just my restarting Oculus Home makes my think this is a just a software issue, I hope so. I'll do more test when the third sensor arrive next week.

I've just popped on here to see what the current state of all this is, as that is my exact experience.

Since getting Touch, I've had the occasional problems with the right controller drifting (and it's always the right one), but with Eleven Table Tennis I will manage about 15 minutes before drift kicks in, and it seems to be doing so in that game without fail.
Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.

BEARDEDFIGNUTZ
Protege

whoa182 said:

My right controller's trigger is loud too... the rubber dampener seems to have moved just a few days after I got touch. I hope quality control is improved 😕 

I am having the same issue with the right controller being much louder than the left as if the dampener isn't in place. As well as all of the rest of the issues with tracking such as the controller drifting and or shifting position. I have a 3 sensor setup and in my experience it definitely seems as though the issues occur when both the two main sensors can no longer track both controllers and tracking transfers from the two main sensors to one main sensor and the rear 3rd sensor. I feel pretty safe assuming it is a software issue that will be resolved, though.