cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Controller losing tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've started to notice my right touch controller losing tracking. I'm not sure what triggers it exactly, but jumping into dead and buried might be one of them (or could be coincidence). 

The only way I can solve the issue is to restart Oculus home or take the battery out of the controller and put it back in.
56 REPLIES 56

elboffor
Consultant
All three of mine are at varying heights. And as stated before, mine pwndizzles.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Applecorp
Rising Star
This is getting ridiculous now, just been playing The Climb and after about 20 minutes the Touch controllers started going mental, virtual hands flying around and rubber banding all over the place making the game utterly unplayable. Quit the game and they're still doing it in Home.

What the actual f**k is going on Oculus?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still having similar problems... My controller was spinning last night in the middle of dead and buried... Game was almost unplayable. Also turning around to the one sensor at the back has a small issue with tracking.. the hand becoming a little floaty or drifts back and forth slightly when stopping after moving hand. I'll make a video if I have to to show what I'm talking about.

Applecorp
Rising Star
I'm not being petulant but this just isn't the experience I wished to invest in, the Touch controllers/sensors are more trouble than they're worth at the moment and really make me wish I'd got a Vive when I had the chance.

elboffor
Consultant
Well my tracking is currently good even though the touches have started to be noisy, i will keep an eye on the tracking and if anything goes fruity, I'll be sure to add it here.

@cybereality have oculus managed to replicate a correlation between the rubber stopper disintegration and tracking issues in the oculus lab?

I Have an image of the steam game "the lab" in my head, but with everyone walking round with oculus t-shirts and...j2l6ru81ffln.jpgPalmer realising his touch controllers feel like they have had several years use already. 

EliteSPA
Superstar
Tracking problems with right controller here too, we waited almost a year for touch, havent you guys have enough time to fix all this issues? Oh my gosh. Also the right controller start to be louder then the left
one. This is ridiculous....

A lot of people have made a huge investment for VR and are very frustated, my self included. Just giving you a tip Oculus team, you better fix all this issues or at least tell us what is going around cause otherwise Im sure this will be the end of Oculus, people need to trust the company by facts and not promises...

i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

YoLolo69
Trustee
It happened to me with left controller in Medium last night, but shaking immediately my hand stopped the weird movement and fixed the problem for the rest of my sessions. I'm using 2 sensors front-facing and each one can see all my playing area, no dead zone, no zone where only one sensor catch me, always both see me. I was facing sensors straight and seated. Only thing which can have happened is occlusion of one touch by the other hand, hiding the left faulty one from the 2 sensors. As I said, it was quick and immediately fixed.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

elboffor
Consultant

YoLolo69 said:

It happened to me with left controller in Medium last night, but shaking immediately my hand stopped the weird movement and fixed the problem for the rest of my sessions.

So what you are saying is, physical movement stopped the tracking issues?

This is sounding more and more like my tinfoil hat theory is turning out to be correct!

@YoLolo69 can you confirm whether or not your left corner trolleys trigger clicks when fully depressed and the dampening to stop it hitting no longer exists?

Applecorp
Rising Star
Ok this is very interesting. I thought I'd try each of my two sensors individually to see if either caused a problem. First I unplugged the one that came with the Touch controllers, everything worked fine, both Touch controllers solid and working as they should.

Unplugged my original sensor and put the other one back in, completely screwed, my eye position in home is almost at floor level, the guardian wall is behind me and the Touch controller pointer is facing the wrong direction, and when I move my head the whole room moves with me.

Got an error message in Virtual Home that said:

"Something went wrong, we're working to get it fixed as soon as we can. Referenced device missing position: headset".

So, one has to assume that the newer sensor has a definite problem.

elboffor
Consultant
You know, I recall my initial sensor having a firmware update or two. Ive yet to see either of my new sensors have them. Maybe the latest ones already have the patch applied.

It is annoying that we have yet to have any statements from oculus about these issues