cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Touch battery dead, Left Touch battery still FULL?

StreetPreacher
Adventurer
 I got my touch controllers at launch and I've been using the included AA batteries.   Last week the right touch controller stopped working and I noticed it's battery was completely dead, while the left hand controller still has full power left in the battery.

Is anyone else noticed the right hand controller draining battery is faster than the left hand? I asume they don't get approximatlely the same amount of use, so it seems odd that the right one would be completely dead while the left controller still has full power. 

Mostly just got a bad set of batteries from Oculus? 
28 REPLIES 28

Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer
And this is why I bought a new pack of rechargeable batteries. lol  After using the Medium in which I was using my right hand more I ended up w/ a low battery warning.  Thank you extra batteries, lol.

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
I've had this exact thing occur. The left controller should follow shortly to a dead state. My guess is that you are using Ni-MH rechargables like me. Appears the battery meters are setup for Alkaline batteries so you won't get an accurate reading when using Ni-MH batteries. They appear full until dead.

I've posted this Reddit discussion a while back that has some good info on it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5hxynl/touch_batteries_lasted_4_days/

Steffen
Protege
The same for me also right handed. I have noticed that I use the haptic of the right touch a whole lot when I play the baseball mini game. 

Warbloke
Superstar

I set mine up on Christmas day and still using the same batteries that came with it.  So I imagine they must be getting low by now.  Being right handed I assume that gets more use for me as I do tend to shoot rocks in Dead & Buried while waiting on players.. and I do tend to use my right/ dominant hand for that and also for throwing cards at the enemy players.

Probably in game as well - I imagine I shoot faster with my right.

Will be interesting to check - but Id be surprised if the right isn't lower than the left.

edit: (hand controllers)

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

flexy123
Superstar
Yesterday my batteries in the controllers "finally" died, right during a conference.  (It's annoying because it will bother you with the popup and constantly throw you out whatever app you're in at the moment without the option to stay not using your controllers)

The batteries lasted WELL over a month for me.
They both died basically at exact the same time, so cannot confirm what the OP says.

Now will see how long the Enerloop will last. The batteries before were some Chinese (?) ones which are probably the original the controllers came with.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this is an old thread, but I have this exact issue, and I'm left handed. My right touch drained a full battery in 2 days, not being used, while my left was still full. My right touch burns through batteries so fast that I've started just taking the battery out of it when I'm not playing.

flexy123
Superstar
UHM...2 days? definitely NOT normal...looks like a short or something to me. RMA time for sure!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, you may wish to contact us about that. It's not normal to drain battery that fast.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

edmg
Trustee
I finally replaced my Touch batteries after nearly six months. The left lasted about two weeks more than the right, I'm guessing it's down to the haptics, as someone else said up above.

Rhakin
Honored Guest

I know this is an old thread, but I have this exact issue, and I'm left handed. My right touch drained a full battery in 2 days, not being used, while my left was still full. My right touch burns through batteries so fast that I've started just taking the battery out of it when I'm not playing.

Same thing is happening for me, batteries drains when the controllers are not in use. I replaced the batteries with brand new ones 4 times now over a period of little over a month and they just drain when they are not even being used.

I'm always putting the controllers down so no buttons are being pressed but yet they drain regardless. Would have been nice if they had actually included an off switch to prevent accidental battery drainage. But i guess i'll have to take the battery out every time i stop using the controllers, which is quite inconvenient but this is getting ridiculous.