cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runs great on my iMac Pro

OffTheChain
Honored Guest
OK so reading all over the web crazy work arounds to get Oculus to run on a Mac. No need for anything more then the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter from the Apple Store, see link below. I'd go all in and just get the one from Apple because I've heard about people having issues with aftermarket gear and it seems like a waste of time and cash. So to sum it up Order Oculus, buy the adapter, Setup your bootcamp and install the client. Too easy here's your link to the adapter in the Apple store enjoy not spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on things that you don't need such as eGPU's.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1K2AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter?fnode=1f0f3c98a00be2...
6 REPLIES 6

I was inspired by your wise money saving advice and have gone a step further by not buying a Mac Pro.  
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Digikid1
Consultant

I was inspired by your wise money saving advice and have gone a step further by not buying a Mac Pro.  

Your loss. Nothing as secure and effective as a good Mac. 

That said... @Cyril

JakemanOculus
Heroic Explorer
Never game on Mac hardware.  Apple's cooling systems are crap.  You will suffer early thermal death of components.

frankcoleman
Honored Guest
I just got an iMac Pro, too. Can you give some specifics on how you got it hooked up? Only interested in 360 editing in Final Cut/Motion. I'm not a gamer and I have a good PC for all the other VR stuff. Actually, I think I get it. The HDMI and USB go in the adapter, but where does the Displayport connector go, if anywhere?

ryanphillipthom
Explorer
7htrdei30gf4.jpegb1q4q2lase5z.jpegI cant seem to get my Rift S setup via bootcamp. Did the kill this from working? On my end the Oculus App just opens to a blank view. Can anyone else confirm they see they same?

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

Digikid1 said:

Your loss. Nothing as secure and effective as a good Mac. 

That said... @Cyril

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool