cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryzom Core to support new player death feature

kaetemi
Honored Guest
As, obviously, the integration of Oculus with Facebook will lead to a closer binding between real life and virtual reality, we now fully expect the Rift CV1 to include support for killing the player in real life.

In this spirit, we are preparing the Ryzom Core, the best Open Source MMORPG engine ever, to support this new dimension of immersiveness.

You can see our first steps towards this goal in our public commit log:
https://bitbucket.org/ryzom/ryzomcore/commits/61d11f94e3ea6eac10ea91fd03d1194060f5efe0

We hope to be the first to launch this feature as soon as the Oculus SDK provides support for this, and expect it to boost a dramatic change in our user numbers.
2 REPLIES 2

Ibrinar
Honored Guest
As with the hardcore mode of Diablo this will be a niche feature most won't use. Maybe even a bit more niche than that. But I appreciate that you also cater to smaller groups who are willing to take some risks for ultimate realism.
However I suggest you also support a service to automatically inform relatives and friends. After all the death could come as an surprise to an user who ran into a sudden difficulty spike.

kaetemi
Honored Guest
"Ibrinar" wrote:
However I suggest you also support a service to automatically inform relatives and friends. After all the death could come as an surprise to an user who ran into a sudden difficulty spike.
Thank you for your feedback. We expect the Rift will have this feature built-in.