cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK 0.4.2 & "No device attached"

mhudak
Honored Guest
Hello,

I've installed new SDK and from that point, OculusUtil is showing me "No device attached", when everything is properly connected (it WAS working before, with older SDK)... The interesting point is, I was able to upgrade firmware thru the utility to 2.12 and it actually correctly diagnoses the headset when I try to upgrade it again (message: FW is already installed). Therefore, there is a connection to the HMD but the utility is unable to detect it.

Win8.1, fully updated, all required runtimes installed. DK2.
Btw, there is actually an image being sent to HMD as I can see my desktop in DK2 and blue LED is lit. But no head tracking at all.
14 REPLIES 14

Simpanra
Honored Guest
"mhudak" wrote:
Hello,

I've installed new SDK and from that point, OculusUtil is showing me "No device attached", when everything is properly connected (it WAS working before, with older SDK)... The interesting point is, I was able to upgrade firmware thru the utility to 2.12 and it actually correctly diagnoses the headset when I try to upgrade it again (message: FW is already installed). Therefore, there is a connection to the HMD but the utility is unable to detect it.

Win8.1, fully updated, all required runtimes installed. DK2.
Btw, there is actually an image being sent to HMD as I can see my desktop in DK2 and blue LED is lit. But no head tracking at all.

Try plugging in the power adapter. If it is plugged in, unplug it and plug it in again 🙂

eagleeyez
Protege
You do not need the power supply and your desktop should be on your main monitor and the Rift should be the extended view. Have you tried direct mode?

mhudak
Honored Guest
As I wrote in my post, there is no power issue (apart of the fact, that AC adapter caused even more problems from the beginning); I was using DK2 for around a month without a problem, until I've installed 0.4.2 SDK. After the installation, HMD can not be detected, but I am able to extend desktop to it and the image is displayed on headsets display.

Anyway, I've tried plugging the AC adapter, plugging it out, changing USB ports and so on.
My computer is 2013 Mac Pro and HMD is connected to USB3.0 Anker port and camera is connected to USB 2.0 (or possibly USB 1.0) EIZO CG222W hub (because, there was an issue with USB 3.0 and tracking camera).

mhudak
Honored Guest
EDIT:
Removed SOLVED badge. Nothing is actually solved, the HMD was correctly identifier for some time, but no image was present on it. Then, I've extended desktop to HMD and head tracking stopped working (waiting for camera)... then, after one more "rift mode" switch, I'm back in "No device attached."

I'm going to try to downgrade the drivers for now.

EDIT:
Downgrade did not helped at all. I've checked windows event log and it says "[TrackingManager] Unable to create detected HMD sensor device"...

😕

mhudak
Honored Guest
There is something fishy going on and I don't like it...

Somehow, I experience the same behaviour in OSX as well and after SMC reset, HMD and head tracking was found again, but I was not able to run Tuscany demo from OculusUtility. Then, I've tried to extend the desktop to HMD and suddenly, position tracking was unavailable (camera blue led was off). After switching back to Direct Mode, Oculus Utility displayed "No device attached" again and I'm in the beginning.

Unfortunately, I do not have much time to play with it now.
I just wanted to try the Leap Motion integration, as the holder arrived just today.
I really hope for the fix.

Rgds.

1karl1
Honored Guest
I had same problem yesterday . After re-installing everything twice i swapped inputs on my GPU and it was ok .

mhudak
Honored Guest
"1karl1" wrote:
I had same problem yesterday . After re-installing everything twice i swapped inputs on my GPU and it was ok .

Swapped inputs on your GPU?

luvi
Honored Guest
SecondLife will not recognize the HDM, even though the application ViziR does ( and works).

Genius that I am, this tells me that my issue is only with SL, Anybody have any ideas for this old noob?

1karl1
Honored Guest
"mhudak" wrote:
"1karl1" wrote:

Swapped inputs on your GPU?

Yeah I have a 680 . Rift was plugged into HDMI and monitor into DVI via the HDMI adaptor . Just swapping over sorted it .