cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STORMLAND (French) localization

davidS1973
Explorer

I would like to ask to someone at Oculus if we could always (and desperately) hope a French translation for STORMLAND please, as anothers big VR games from Oculus like :

• ASGARD’S WRATH
  • VADER IMMORTAL
  • ARKTIKA-1
  • and lately : BEAT SABER

because when we ask this question to Insomniac Games Studio, they say we need to ask this question to Oculus, so here I am...

insomniac_sup.jpg

Merci d'avance []-)

6 REPLIES 6

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Sony bought Insomniac, and the Stormland support seems to have ended there:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/2/10/21131899/sony-purchase-acquisition-insomniac-games-2019-2020-spide...

So learn English - French language support will probably never happen. Might fuel your cognitive reserves 😉

Unavngivet.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

I would have liked to know your answer if STORMLAND (or all Oculus VR games) were in Mandarin only, which is ~ 3 X more spoken than English (first language) in our world...

you'll start to learn this language ?
i don't think so

and then, they say French are arrogants..

As I wrote, Sony bought the company and Oculus cares little for PCVR right now, do not expect more Stormland support. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

thank you

but I did not wait for your comment to know that SONY had bought Insomniac
so what ?

didn't you see the photo in my original post or what?

Insomniac said we have to ask Oculus to hope for a translation

that was what i tried to do here, but apparently they don't care

now, i'm gonna wait quietly Insomniac port this game on PSVR2,

i'm pretty sure they'll don't forget this time to translate it

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star

I’m confused. Why would it come down to oculus to alter anything inside the game? That doesn’t even seem possible. Sounds like Sony is deflecting, and illogically so. 

all depends on who owns the license of the game and maybe also on which platform...

I would bet that Oculus has only rights on his plateform or PC VR exclusivity, and Insomniac Games has kept the right of the game on others VR plateform if they want to port it on them, like PSVR2 now they belong to SONY, i cross fingers and all i can