cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad lil houseplant seeks help from internet Geniuses, re: Home Importing

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer
After finding this awesome post here, https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8tlcdy/simple_pipeline_for_converting_sketchfab_models/

I've unfortunately come undone at the GLB Packer, and i'm getting this 932hjqyw9ow2.jpg

Anybody with more smarts than myself (likely wont take much) able to explain or help resolve this???
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃
12 REPLIES 12

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer

My bad, sorry xD!

I dont know, but when the object has the right size in Blender, then in Unity, then in three.js, then not in Home, it does raise some doubts, lol.
I never tried importing Medium in Home, but I saw they just released an interesting update there. Time to check if it's worth it. Hopefully there won't be the size problem with that.

All good mate 😃

Listen don't quote me, but I think the grid in three.js is a meter square, that's how I've been kind of guesstimating the size of objects, now I drop another object that I know the size of from my import folder into the window and use that to measure what ever new thing I want to bring in. just make sure (if you try it) to delete that measuring object before exporting the GLB.
PC Specs:

Anonymous
Not applicable
now I drop another object that I know the size of from my import folder into the window and use that to measure what ever new thing I want to bring in.

Great advice, thanks! Besides, three.js editor keeps the latest object I dropped in, so I just take that object size as a reference for the next object.
In the end, did you solve your problem?

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer

now I drop another object that I know the size of from my import folder into the window and use that to measure what ever new thing I want to bring in.

Great advice, thanks! Besides, three.js editor keeps the latest object I dropped in, so I just take that object size as a reference for the next object.
In the end, did you solve your problem?

Yeah once you've got a few objects you know the size of in your object folder you can just drop one into the scene and it all goes a lot faster. 😃  and yeah, that problem was just my download manager, I installed firefox without it and been going hell for leather, problem is now most the models i'm importing make my medium sculpts look kinda sad..lol 😃
PC Specs: