cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen capture recommendations?

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer
Can anyone recommend a screen capture device (hardware) that will work for the CV1?
Many thanks 🙂

EDIT...actually scrub that...I guess any of these little capture boxes that accept a HDMI cable would do.
Sorry 🙂
When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
I believe you can use the screen capture that comes with the video card (either ShadowPlay for Nvidia or ReLive for AMD) but honestly, I haven't tried this in a while. If it still works, they would record the view on the desktop mirror Window, which is usually what you want for videos.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer
Thanks yes...that is what dawned on me after posting my original question is that I can capture the mirror screen rather than the actual Rift...its just that I am having trouble capturing using software (trying to capture a Project Cars 2 session)...my lowly rig doesnt like it at all and PC2 slows to a crawl even using my usual OBS software which records Assetto Corsa nicely.
When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.