cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Sensor?

Bekatsa
Honored Guest
My room is moderate in size for my rift. I ordered the touch and know it is coming with a sensor. My first sensor is fine where it sits but i'm going to need about 20 feet of cable to wrap the cord around my room assuming it connects with USB. Any ideas on what the second sensor will be like? USB to pc? Length? Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

Norwegian_guy
Expert Protege
same as the one you have + a 5m extension cable

cybereality
Grand Champion
The sensor that comes with Touch is the same one that comes with Rift. The extra sensor you can buy separately has an extension cable. In general, you'll want the 2 sensors on the same desk about 5 feet apart, which you can do without any extra cables.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to help visualise what Cyber was saying, this is what the 'default' setup for Touch will be out of the box without having to buy a third sensor.

5fcm1uhs5ab6.png

If you want to do room scale with 2 sensors then you'll need to buy a USB extension cable.

Thug
Heroic Explorer
Will it matter on the height of the sensor?

If they are to be ideally 5' apart, I will have to put one on my desk and the other probably on the floor for now.
CPU: Intel i9-10990k.
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX3080,
RAM: 32GB DDR5,
Viewed on: Oculus Quest 2 or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung SSD (games), 512GB Samsung SSD (OS), 512GB SSD (3d),

Tadin
Heroic Explorer
You will definitely want it higher rather than lower.

It might be worth investing in some sort of camera mount, something along the lines of the one below, to clip it up high, aiming down.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Phot-R-Studio-Multi-Function-Reflector-Cameras/dp/B00MR0VPOQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=...

assettomio
Adventurer
Wouldn't opposing corners make more sense than the example above? I mean in that example if you turn around it can only track the small triangle on the back of the rift

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Agterbosch yeah so the example I posted is for 'front facing' which is the default setup since not everyone can setup opposing corners. I for example don't have anywhere to setup opposing corners so for the time being I'm going to go with the default front facing set up.

If you wanted to set up opposing corners then you will need both sensors to be above head height looking down on you like the Vive.

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
How far apart can the sensors be placed without loosing most tracking of the touch controllers??
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC

Anonymous
Not applicable

How far apart can the sensors be placed without loosing most tracking of the touch controllers??

Just from memory I think the sensor can track up to 3M before it starts getting buggy. Someone correct me if I'm wrong