cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking recommended programs and equipment for VR in hospital setting

STPHRehab
Honored Guest
We are a community hospital venturing into the use of VR for our patients of various diagnoses, ie pain management, stroke, etc. Seeking input on use of Oculus Quest and software selections to get the program up and running. Welcoming any advise, insights, suggestions.  Thanks! 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You only need to set it up once as far as I'm aware so any phone will do.

There's a video on YouTube somewhere showing VR being used in a kid's ward and the kids noticed better pain management whilst in VR.

I would have thought that the Quest would be your best bet, using the Touch controllers might be helpful for some people recovering from strokes if they need to work on gripping, thumbs up signs and pointing as well as moving their hands in 3D space.

Just don't put them in Dreadhalls whatever you do lol 😄 😄 😄

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Zenitharie
Explorer
Oculus Quest is a wonderful idea for a hospital setting. If what you are talking about is certain programs that pertain to patients there isn't anything for helping patients. But there are lots of great games that you can play on the Oculus store. You wouldn't need any software other than a phone to set it. It might be a good idea to buy a phone that is only for the quest rather than using one of the nurse's phones. That way if the doctor or nurse isn't there then you wouldn't need their phone to set it up.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You only need to set it up once as far as I'm aware so any phone will do.

There's a video on YouTube somewhere showing VR being used in a kid's ward and the kids noticed better pain management whilst in VR.

I would have thought that the Quest would be your best bet, using the Touch controllers might be helpful for some people recovering from strokes if they need to work on gripping, thumbs up signs and pointing as well as moving their hands in 3D space.

Just don't put them in Dreadhalls whatever you do lol 😄 😄 😄

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I think an Oculus Go would be best to start out with.  Much less expensive and the single controller can be used in either hand.

I spent almost a month in a hospital last year and having my Go was a real lifesaver.  It also was a real nurse magnet but unfortunately mainly only male nurses, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ritiis
Honored Guest
Oculus Quest is a wonderful idea for a hospital setting. If what you are talking about is certain programs that pertain to patients there isn't anything for helping patients.