cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor Issues

Applecorp
Rising Star
Noticed lately that I keep seeing very small amounts of stutter - not sure how else to describe it, it's not constant but pretty regular. Happens in Home and most games. Also noticed that the sensor seems to get quite hot, this doesn't seem right to me.

Anyone else had this? 
7 REPLIES 7

Dark3stWhite
Protege
I am experiencing the same issues, I created a ticket with Oculus last week and they have been trying to help.  However with no success so far.  In the time I have been waiting for them to get back to me the last couple of days, I have been doing some additional troubleshooting, and have discovered it is not the Camera Sensor causing the issues.

I have determined this by opening Device Manager, uninstalling the Camera sensor and checking off the box to delete the driver.  At this point I restarted my computer, confirmed that Oculus Home does not recognize the camera, then tried loading a demo experience.

I was positioned half way through a wall, as obviously tracking was not working, but when I would turn my head left to right tracking would work in that aspect due to the internal sensors.  The issues still persisted, so I know now it is not the camera.

Applecorp
Rising Star
I think I've narrowed my issue down to other software running in the back ground, in my case CPUID HW Monitor, which I often have running to monitor temps. Disabling it seems to have made the issue go away.

Perhaps you could try looking at what apps you have running in the background, disable them all and enable them one by one to see if any in particular are causing an issue.

Dark3stWhite
Protege
Hmmmm, that is interesting.  I always keep background programs disabled, however I should defiantly check that out! thanks for the suggestion

Dark3stWhite
Protege
So I have found the cause of my problems! It was Flux.  I recently installed that, after uninstalling it is working fine

Applecorp
Rising Star
Hehe, another unrelated software app causing issues. Glad you found out the problem.   🙂

The title of this thread is somewhat redundant now.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Avoiding background tasks is a old rule. Remember when a dedicated sound card with it's own processor was all the rage to alleviate tasking the CPU. Or when memory usage was priceless. I really can't even think of a case in the last few years really, where background tasks impacted game play. If you have a beefy  CPU and enough RAM, it shouldn't matter.
I can play a game while listening to music while downloading a torrent with 10 Chrome tabs open.
But with the Rift?  noooo, make sure all background tasks are shut down they say.
I find it rather lame that Oculus's runtime or its sensor should be sensitive. IMO it's on Oculus to properly trim and optimize their software.

Applecorp
Rising Star
Yeah I'm fine running all sorts of apps at once most of the time but it seems Oculus isn't keen on you doing that.

Sooner it's out of Beta the better.