cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor setup bullshit.

Tha_Rotiart
Level 2
What the actual fuck are these demands that we need to have for our sensor. I am one of the pre-order buyers of the rift CV1. I've had some "issues" during setup but never so much. Now I have my 3rd sensor for a while, same thing. No issues. Now I pressed the full setup button and I am FUCKED. The demands are crazy and I can't get past them. I disconnected the 3rd sensor because after a full hour of squeezing the fucking trigger I am done.
23 REPLIES 23

wanoennogs
Level 5

What the actual fuck are these demands that we need to have for our sensor. I am one of the pre-order buyers of the rift CV1. I've had some "issues" during setup but never so much. Now I have my 3rd sensor for a while, same thing. No issues. Now I pressed the full setup button and I am FUCKED. The demands are crazy and I can't get past them. I disconnected the 3rd sensor because after a full hour of squeezing the fucking trigger I am done.

I hear you. I dread the Rift software updates.  After updating you should run the sensor set up again.  Massive pain in the arse. It often takes me 15 - 30 minutes to get it recognised properly.    

aesystem.s
Level 3
I have not once ever been able to complete the setup once I went to 360 mode or 3 sensor. It absolutely refuses forcing me to skip. 

My sensors are mounted up high on the wall. My room is 10ft x 10ft. I've seen everything from the setup telling me to move my sensors closer together (even though they are around 9ft apart) to move sensors inwards, backwards.

I'm through with ruining 3m command strips moving them to try and appease the sensor setup guide. FIX THIS

w_benjamin
Level 5
I run the process for height adjustment instead, as it doesn't have the requirements for sensor placement.
Then, if I'm not facing the right way at start, I use the 'reset view' option when you press the menu button.

Calibos
Level 7

I have not once ever been able to complete the setup once I went to 360 mode or 3 sensor. It absolutely refuses forcing me to skip. 

My sensors are mounted up high on the wall. My room is 10ft x 10ft. I've seen everything from the setup telling me to move my sensors closer together (even though they are around 9ft apart) to move sensors inwards, backwards.

I'm through with ruining 3m command strips moving them to try and appease the sensor setup guide. FIX THIS

Ignore the setup telling you move your sensors closer or further apart. Its never happy! Put them back where you know they should be.

For the hold trigger part, all sensors have to see the Touch controller but your body often occludes it from the 3rd or 4th sensor at the rear. The trick is to kneel in the centre of your play space and raise your hand with the touch straight up. This will position the Touch controller close to your normal standing height and prevents your body occluding it. Make sure you are aiming the touch controller at the ceiling. ie. Your Touch trigger should be aimed at the ceiling. What this does is orientate most of the tracking LED's on the tracking ring towards the front cameras and orientates the tracking LED's around the rim of the stick/button pad of the Touch controller towards the rear cameras. Now both front and back cameras can see some LED's and your body isn't occluding any of them.

You have now completed your supplication to the Oculus Gods !