cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i wait or "move" to USA

DrSnake
Protege
Hey Everyone,

Im at order #52xxx and i live in Europe (the Netherlands). Would it be feasible for me to wait and see if i get in the next batch of deliveries to the Europe or should i just bite the bullet and switch my adress to a USA adress and have them ship it to me???

Let me know!
Developer of One Secret Fantasy One of the best virtual reality dating games www.onesecretfantasy.com
11 REPLIES 11

slugger
Honored Guest
i doubt that changing the address would speed up anything.
ordernumber != shippingnumber

sven
Protege
Wait.

You will save on taxes/VAT and extra shipping.
If you really need a Rift today at any cost, get it off eBay.

Thoth_The3x
Explorer
I assume the next shipment will be going to Europe, so switching your address to the U.S. might make you miss it. Which would be both hilariously ironic, and sad.

Rambowjo
Honored Guest
Seems a bit optimistic to be part of the next batch, when sitting at 52k.

DrSnake
Protege
Thanks for the replies all! Ill just try to wait it out for now and do some more research before owning it.

I know its pretty optimistic but considering what were seeing from oculus so far is that they send out area batches and not order number batches, who knows how many Europe they get off next batch.

And of course 'Hope' also plays a big role in the waiting game.
Developer of One Secret Fantasy One of the best virtual reality dating games www.onesecretfantasy.com

Stofbal
Honored Guest
We're in the same boat DrSnake.
I'm from The Netherlands too, and have order number: 55xxx
I hope we get our rifts in the Europe batch soon. Or we wait till August 🙂 .
Order: 55xxx Europe, The Netherlands. Status: Processing

Meian
Honored Guest
The thing that is most frustrating about this story is how the oculus team do not or rarely informs their customers and members about the shipping procedures.

Take for example, publish a page/post about the shipments procedures and country/region planning, how it work, why some country have absolutely no news about their purchase after all this time... etc etc etc..
There is nothing more frustrating to be left without any kind of direct information, there is/was so many topic about shipping progress and nothing has changed...

The Oculus team should keep in touch with those who eventually offer to the rift a future, free advertising, custom apps and new ideas...

I should clarify that I do respect their work and project. This is something wonderful and I am very pleased to participate in this revolution in the field of games experiences and new concept for user interfaces

(my apologize for this poor english >___< )
Meian | Order #: 55*** | Location: France | Status: PROCESSING | Order placed in may 22, 2013, Processing since July 31, 2013

Jay
Honored Guest
This is the equivalent to standing in line at the post office, and trying to move to another line because you think it's moving faster. You know as soon as you change lines, the one you were in starts moving. Then you change back and you know how that goes 😛

cybereality
Grand Champion
I would not change your address to US now. You will end up waiting longer.

Just be patient, we will get to everyone soon enough.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV