cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Off Your Rift Setup [Photos Inside]

cybereality
Grand Champion
So, some people may have received their Rifts today. Many more will receive this week and beyond. I figured I'd kick off a thread for people to post photos of their new Rift or their Rift setups. I'll start with mine.

This is just the Kickstarter Edition box. Nothing you probably haven't seen before, but still such an impressive looking box. Hats off to the design team for coming up with something so sleek.

ij5xj5xx6cwo.jpg
vkwc648865af.jpg
f3zojibzsn8h.jpg

This is a flexible tripod arm I got to mount the tracking sensor on. You may not know, but the sensor twists off at two lengths, one at the base and one almost at the top. I screwed it off the top thread and attached it to this $15 flexible tripod.
http://www.amazon.com/Smatree%C2%AE-Ajustable-Gooseneck-Extension-Cameras/dp/B00MWNYGUS

9s8nbihrjir5.jpg
aoshatigiazg.jpg
uibhtbfdnexl.jpg

Just went through Dreamdeck and some of Dead Secret. It's so good. I've even done Dreamdeck at least like 3 or 4 times before, but somehow it was just way better finally seeing on my home rig. The part with the alien almost seemed real. Can't wait to try some of the other content for longer sessions (as for work I can usually only test for shorter periods).

Please feel free to share your setup too!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
232 REPLIES 232

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

Nothing wrong with the GTX1080, i still use mine with no issues and will do so well into 2023 if the present silly card prices continue. 😉

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

It is quite expensive, ended up paying about  dkr 30k to MM Vision for the new rig, including 18k for the Strix 3090. You do get about 3 times more performance than the GTX 1080, and of course it's really not worth it - but I'm enjoying my CV1 more than ever - can now do ss 2.0 and activate all eye candy, still always 90 fps. Except in Seeking Dawn, lol. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

**bleep** Rune. That said, Ive bought parts for this since december whenever I found good offers.
 Cpu, memory and motherboard prices have just adjustet lately.

Ended up spending around dkr 11K on above parts.

Your rig is rocking ffs.

Be good, die great !