cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, best, most enjoyable and 'complete' VR title so far then (and the other stuff you need)

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
So with all the additional hardware you need what is your best VR title and why?

Mine has to be Elite Dangerous, twin stick plus racing pedals for forward and reverse.  I set Flight Assist to OFF (quasi-Newtonian physics mode).

I still get blown away by this game.  With the deepest respect to EVE, I think EvE Valkyrie simply doesn't come close.  I think everything ED does is leagues better than E:V, bar none.)  I believe Elite's flight model (with FA - Off) is literally peerless

And the VR quality... astonishing.

If you haven't tried Elite Dangerous you should really try the demo just to see how VR done well should look. 🙂

Honourable mentions for me:
Dirt Rally, Project Cars (both with wheels and pedals)

So what about you guys
6 REPLIES 6

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
IL2 BOS, DCS World. Assetto Corsa. Dirt Rally.

Edit: I like how EVE Valkyrie's looks, but I think it plays horrible.

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
Nice!

I haven't played IL2.  I have heard it is really good

Is it versatile with controllers?  I CBA to reconnect my HOTAS.  Could I play it with my twin stick even if I just use the buttons on the second?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I'm not sure about the controller side of things tbh. Maybe @Techy111 could help with that question. I did hear some people are having problems logging into the severs to play though, but I haven't had any problems on that front. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would highly recommend IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad.
They recently added VR support for that title, and it is superb in VR. They truly did an incredible job with it.  I am having a blast in it, probably running close to 30 hours in it so far since VR was added on April 11th. And all that so far in the Single Player Campaign. Only caveat for Rift owners is it currently requires Steam VR to run, as that is the only API they set it up for , at least here initially. But even running with Steam VR on my Rift, performance is extremely good and looks great.

DCS is very good as well, although a bit more complex as all the systems/switches are modeled.  I have both and enjoy both very much for what they are.

Currently though I am flying IL-2 on a daily basis and loving every minute of it.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Not sure about controllers but I highly recommend you connect your hotas back. You won't regret it 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
A Rift, Elite Dangerous and a Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X...as a HUUUUUUUGE fan of the original game back in the 80s that's my idea of VR heaven.

Project CARS, Euro/American Truck Simulator and a wheel (I got myself a new Thrustmaster T150 from eBay for 90 quid!) are also worth an honourable mention too!  😄

But it doesn't get better than Elite Dangerous so far. So good!