cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, my Rift is stuck in shipping...

r00x
Adventurer
... at my next-door neighbour's house.

They signed for it, and then like they often do, they DISAPPEARED. Usually they're gone for days at a time.

Who the fxxk signs for a package knowing they're about to bugger off for the better part of a week?! Honestly.

There is no greater torture. My Rift is literally within thirty feet of me as I sit here typing. 

AAAARRRRRGH
9 REPLIES 9

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Lmao break in !!!! Call the fire brigade tell them you smell gas. Call the police tell them you hear noises next door. Call someone, anyone lol
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

K33L
Protege
HAHA that's awful, did you intentionally ship there I take it? Or was it by mistake, speaking of I got an IRS letter in the mail yesterday I need to take to someones house, they were 4 blocks off...

r00x
Adventurer

K33L said:

HAHA that's awful, did you intentionally ship there I take it? Or was it by mistake, speaking of I got an IRS letter in the mail yesterday I need to take to someones house, they were 4 blocks off...

Not intentional, in the UK this is just what couriers do if you're not in when they're there. I wasn't able to edit the shipping info to instruct the driver NOT to leave it with those people, alas, so here we are!

Techy111 said:

Lmao break in !!!! Call the fire brigade tell them you smell gas. Call the police tell them you hear noises next door. Call someone, anyone lol

Hahaha! "Come quickly, I smell VR leaking from the house next door!"

SlimBoyFat
Adventurer
I'd break in and claim the package was live fish for your (hastily built) Koi Carp pond in the back garden and were worried that they would die if you didn't get to them quick enough!
Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 GHz | Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO | 16GB 2133MHz | GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB GDDR5 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster TX | Occulus Rift DK2

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Or call the police and tell them you think you smell a dead body next door. You'll have them there in minutes lol
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Clart
Protege
Where in the UK are you? What was your order number?

TheMaster0071
Protege
Smash the glass, get it repaired simples and I am not joking I would!

r00x
Adventurer
Some great suggestions in here!! I'm happy to report that (in a very unusual turn of events) said neighbour returned, and I was able to snatch my Rift. Sanity restored!

@Clart: the "middle", if you will! Order number was xx28xx, time was vaguely 14-and-a-bit minutes if I recall.

pjenness
Rising Star

r00x said:

Some great suggestions in here!! I'm happy to report that (in a very unusual turn of events) said neighbour returned, and I was able to snatch my Rift. Sanity restored!

@Clart: the "middle", if you will! Order number was xx28xx, time was vaguely 14-and-a-bit minutes if I recall.

congrats r00x    have fun!!

#33 new zealand....got some waiting to do...and no stores out here 😞
Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS? https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349