cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone PLEASE

in6seconds
Expert Protege
Make a fan made pokemon game on the oculus touch, please if only this game was released on the oculus and it was a full game like the old gameboy ones I would be beyond happy, please don't make the controls complicated though like the other vr pokemon game(the game doesn't even have to be [pixelated])
7 REPLIES 7

BetaVerse
Honored Guest
I know a few people who would jump at the opportunity to play a game like that.

rlabelle
Protege
Unity is not that hard to start to learn to program with. Why not give it a shot, at the least you'll learn the basics for creating a game. Who knows, you might find your niche and something you really enjoy. Won't cost you anything but time.
Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCDrvzyiqz8Qiu7 ... irmation=1 FaceBook: www.facebook.com/The-Wombat-Cave-103351200009813/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheWombatCave Upcoming: Sixense Stem-May,Virtuix Omni-April,HTC Vive-?,Oculus CV1-Mar.28

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
Haven't been into Pokemon myself for about 15 years now, but even I'd play something like this to fulfill my childhood trainer fantasies. Unfortunately I don't think Nintendo is really accepting of people using their IP, even without trying to make a profit. You might be able to fly under the radar for awhile, but if something like this really took off you'd probably get cease & desist before too long. What you could do is make a monster battling game much in the same vein as Pokemon, but skirting the IP. There's actually a VR game in development I believe that looks a lot like Pokemon Snap, but doesn't use Pokemon. Doubt that would be satisfactory to a lot of people, but I'd still be interested in it if it was any good.

smilertoo
Protege
Nintendo would close it down.

in6seconds
Expert Protege
"rlabelle" wrote:
Unity is not that hard to start to learn to program with. Why not give it a shot, at the least you'll learn the basics for creating a game. Who knows, you might find your niche and something you really enjoy. Won't cost you anything but time.

I already know unity 3d but the oculus sdk was giving me trouble last time I tried to make an interactive vr dragon ball cutscene, so I just gave up on making vr games

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
Some of the recent SDKs have been a bit problematic, so it might be wise to wait for 1.0 before you really start to do a lot with VR integration, but you can still create all sorts of stuff outside of vr, art assets, music, scripts, etc. though again, I wouldn't risk a Pokemon game with the iron fist of Nintendo looming.

matskatsaba
Adventurer
There are a few options:
1. Make it yourself. There are even tutorials how to. Use ue4 if unity is too hard for you.
2. Pay to get it done. I hate pokemon and dragonball with passion, but money talks. Using the keyword "Pokemon" in your topic might attract more pokemon fans than Caps+Pls, and fans might go easier on pricing 😉
3. Google up the ongoing pokemon for PC projects (there are a good few), and ask for oculus support.

"I already know unity 3d but the oculus sdk was giving me trouble last time I tried to make an interactive vr dragon ball cutscene, so I just gave up on making vr games"
I find that hard to believe since you don't need to do anything with the SDK whatsoever.
Just download the OVR unitypackage, import it to your project and add it to your main camera.
There are countless vids and text-based tutorials on that. Adding Oculus support to an unity project is like 8-10 clicks? With UE4 it's literally one click.
If having runtime issues, just use 0.6 runtime and unitypackage, it's more than enough for making the game and testing how the UI and other things work out.