cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry Oculus, the VR train....

Dosperado
Honored Guest
will NOT arrive in 2016 with this HIGH price of the rift and is not going to be popular.

Your VR experience is unfortunately NOT for the masses...so sad
42 REPLIES 42

centvrionIV
Protege
Agree.

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
I wonder what this means for the Vive, the Rift is subsidized, selling at or below cost (allegedly), and only comes with 1 xbox controller. Considering HTC/Vive want to make a profit and they're including lighthouse and two VR controllers, Vive fans might want to consider selling a kidney.

aamike68
Honored Guest
I've been following this since it's beginning and my heart sank when I saw the price. No clue how they plan to sell to a big market for this price point. I'm so angry but mostly sad.

Lemming1970
Rising Star
Ordered....... April can't come soon enough.....
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

ronaldkitching
Honored Guest
quite sad that i live in the uk and its out of my price range been saving for months they should been upfront about the price i was expecting something below 400 pounds this is just terrible

McTurbo
Honored Guest
this is higher than a new console on launch day.. which comes with a line up of games.

this price point is awful.. i have been raving about VR and what it was gonna be like for months/years now. suddenly every one i know.. at least your average gamer is not going to be able to afford this.

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
"McTurbo" wrote:
this is higher than a new console on launch day.. which comes with a line up of games.

this price point is awful.. i have been raving about VR and what it was gonna be like for months/years now. suddenly every one i know.. at least your average gamer is not going to be able to afford this.

Yeah, that's going to be a difficult talk for a lot of us to have. I've been telling my techie friends to get a Rift, and a lot of them are excited about it, but for the cost to get it shipped here you could buy a PS4, an Xbox One, and probably another game or two above whatever is bundled with them. I just can't recommend the Rift at this point to anyone that isn't a rabid VR fanboy like myself, and even I'm starting to regret my purchase decision.

irishd15
Honored Guest
This will be the first big piece of Oculus News I won't be sharing. 😞

MarkusVR
Explorer
I totally agree!

Price is too high for the mass market.
Even when taking into account that a power full PC is also needed.

Nevertheless I just ordered one just because I wanted one.
Waiting for April now.