cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Quality

BlindmanC
Level 2

Hey all, so first time user and it is great. Just not first time VR user and the PlayStation gave me some benchmark. My first experience with the Oculus Quest II is good visually but where I find some lacking is in the sound projection to one’s ears. Have you ever tried cupping one’s ears to listen better? Well doing the exact same thing on the Quest Two helps equally to rebound the sound directly to your ears and not the environment. So am I doing it wrong as a new user to say the sound quality is not where it could be? Is there an item one can use at home inexpensive and comfortable to dome your sound zone? Please let me know how you get more sound out your gear other than headsets, volume control and absolute room silence. Love to know…

2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there, thanks for reaching out. We see you are inquiring about sound quality within your Quest 2. Sound can surely be a big factor when it comes to immersion and if our sound speakers don't feel right for you, there always is the option for you to connect headphones using a 3.5mm headphone jack. You can also connect headphones using Bluetooth but this has been known to cause some issues while gaming, however that is on a case by case basis. 

Hope this helps answer your question on different sound options for the Quest 2. If you have any more questions or believe your sound may not be working properly, don't hesitate to reach back out for further assistance.

lensmandave
Level 9

I've fitted Sony Bionik Mantis headphones to my Quest 2. They fit really well with a bit of a fiddle and the sound is excellent. They match the styling of the Quest too!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bionik-Mantis-Headphone-PlayStation-VR/dp/B0735X5M4X/ref=asc_df_B0735X5M4X/...

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.