Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam Hardware Survey - February 2024 results included

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

steamvr-2.jpg

Latest results:

dyko7ca98u34.jpg

These results are compared, at least for the Rift, to August when Rift peaked at 0.35 %. Since August 2018 Rift has decreased about 6 % (from 0.35 to 0.33). Vive also decreased.  

Compared to other HMDs we see from April to September (note that this image hasn't been updated to October yet):

bboc0nqusboe.jpg

When updated to October I'd expect:

Rift = 45 %
Vive = 42 %
WMR = 8 %
Vive Pro = 3 %
Rift DK2 = 1 %

Source: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

BTW - some history:

April 2018:

Oculus Rift 0.20%
HTC Vive 0.18%
Windows Mixed Reality 0.01%
Oculus Rift DK2 0.01%
Oculus Rift DK1 0.00%
Unknown 0.00%

July 2018:

Oculus Rift 0.32%
HTC Vive 0.31%
Windows Mixed Reality 0.05%
HTC Vive Pro 0.01%
Oculus Rift DK2 0.01%
Oculus Rift DK1 0.00%

I guess it's more or less a stand still since July for Rift and the original Vive... I don't think the Odyssey+ has had any impact on the WMR results above, the Odyssey+ is much too new - if it'll have any impact, it won't be before the Steam Hardware Survey November 2018 results. 

SteamVR_feature.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

550 REPLIES 550

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you take away the drops in Quest, Rift S, and Rift CV1 from that Quest 2 number it is fairly minimal gain for the month. That would be of course assuming the aforementioned users moved over to Quest 2 which we do not know. Will be curious to see how Vive Pro 2 fits in later on. I expect it will be fairly small.

@Anonymous wrote:

So that's 60.18% of the VR headsets on Steam being Oculus headsets. Pretty impressive.

Yep! Oculus headsets continue to "gain Steam" on Steam, while the competitor headsets continue to... lose Steam?

har har

😋

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

Original Vive still finding its way into people hands is quite a feat at this point. lol

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Nice find, btw I just asked No Man's Sky devs to add native Oculus driver support. It's very annoying that they do not offer proper driver support for possibly the majority of their VR users, especially for such an extremely demanding game.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

About 20 days late, RoadToVR is now ready with their take on the June results:

https://www.roadtovr.com/steam-survey-vr-headsets-june-2021-sharp-drop/

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would imagine with more and more folks getting vaccinated now there are a lot of people just getting out more now which means less time for PC-VR gaming. It is the summer after all, and with restrictions being lifted.

Plus some have just managed to grab a PS5 today and are about to connect their PSVR up to it and never come out of NMS ever again until they have visted every planet once. 😃

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Gamers may have taken advantage of the summer software sale and picked up a few pancake games... a lot of VR gamers still do pancake and there have been precious few VR titles just lately.

It still seems like too big a fall to me though, even with Covid rule lifting, I wouldn't rule out an error.

Would make sense, even I fell into a pancake and have been quite impressed with some levels and the graphics, namely in Death Stranding with DLSS. The Steam sale did indeed have many attractive pancakes, and as mentioned we also saw a decrease last year probably due to the summer. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RuneSR2 wrote:

Would make sense, even I fell into a pancake and have been quite impressed with some levels and the graphics, namely in Death Stranding with DLSS. The Steam sale did indeed have many attractive pancakes, and as mentioned we also saw a decrease last year probably due to the summer. 

Falling into a pancake is something I just can not do. None reside on my drives any longer, have not since getting into VR. Just not the same to me anymore.