cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SteamVR/Oculus connection with base stations

dbrownified77
Honored Guest

So, I heard you can use the HTC base stations along with the quest 2 in a Full-body tracking setup using steam VR. I was able to connect all the quest parts such as the headset and controllers to steamvr, but I couldn't get the Bluetooth settings to pop up when trying to connect base stations. I've heard from some people that the only way to get the setting to pop up is to have a valve index pared but I'm thinking that there has to be another way.

1 REPLY 1

PITTCANNA
Visionary

@dbrownified77 wrote:

So, I heard you can use the HTC base stations along with the quest 2 in a Full-body tracking setup using steam VR. I was able to connect all the quest parts such as the headset and controllers to steamvr, but I couldn't get the Bluetooth settings to pop up when trying to connect base stations. I've heard from some people that the only way to get the setting to pop up is to have a valve index pared but I'm thinking that there has to be another way.

Yeah you have to set up in steam vr app.  You need the vive body trackers and 3 base stations for 360 coverage.

https://www.lifewire.com/set-up-full-body-tracking-on-htc-vive-5216963

basically you pair the trackers as a controller.

In my opinion the supported game list is not great enough to justify the cost.