cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden FPS drop in Elite Dangerous

Rifts
Adventurer
Last time I played E:D I used the "VR High" settings with 1.65 pixel override in the debug tool, and I maintained a 80-90fps rate. The last couple of days however, I've been lagging like crazy on these settings and FPS in stations is <40, which is unplayable. Does anyone know of a recent E:D patch that worsened the optimizations for VR be a huge amount?

As it is now, I don't even feel like playing it when I'm used to things being crisp, and without the debug tool the game just looks horrible to me. I've got a 980ti, 8GB ram and an i5 4460. Not the best CPU but it worked fine before 😞 Any help is appreciated. 
2 REPLIES 2

EliteSPA
Superstar
Use ASW and change to ultra 😉
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

vrmower
Heroic Explorer

Rifts said:

Last time I played E:D I used the "VR High" settings with 1.65 pixel override in the debug tool, and I maintained a 80-90fps rate. The last couple of days however, I've been lagging like crazy on these settings and FPS in stations is <40, which is unplayable. Does anyone know of a recent E:D patch that worsened the optimizations for VR be a huge amount?

As it is now, I don't even feel like playing it when I'm used to things being crisp, and without the debug tool the game just looks horrible to me. I've got a 980ti, 8GB ram and an i5 4460. Not the best CPU but it worked fine before 😞 Any help is appreciated. 

The debug tool is now built into the game.  You shouldn't still be using it.