cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion - Store needs work - game/experience section clarifications

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK So there's a section of the Oculus store headlined "New & Updated Games We Love", which to me reads that some of these games may have had significant revisions.  An older game (RUSH, for the Quest) i've been considering getting is in this list currently.

What is missing is there is no indication on the store page for what has changed.  Coming from primarily a PC gaming background, i've been perhaps spoiled by steam (though even the google play store has this "feature" as well) with a dedicated section of the game page for UPDATES - Oculus store absolutely needs to realize how important these sections are for people on the fence like me - it makes good business sense to let developers share with users how their products are still being updated. 

On Steam, noticing a game has gotten a recent update gives me a reason to look at the store page again, and then open the game/experience again if i haven't used it in a while. If i haven't bought the game yet, seeing the developer is iterating and improving impacts my decision to buy quite a bit. It keeps me interested, and gives me a chance to update my reviews if things have gotten better.  It makes perfect business sense to be more transparent about this guys, please find a way to get this normal-everywhere-else thing into the oculus store.  

Oculus, you may or may not realize that the Quest Subreddit is full of people aching over things like this, basic usability things that seem to currently have no solution (in my case, the RUSH game page has a link that goes... directly back to the rush store page - not helpful). 
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also i should add that because there is not a spot for update information, some developers are taking to the Quest Subreddit to share info about their updates... it shouldn't be this fiddly though and absolutely should be part of the official page for an app.

example - here's the drop dead: dual strike devs talking about their update - https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/c7u52s/drop_dead_dual_strike_update/

here's one of dozens of threads about wanting this feature -
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/c5rle2/is_it_too_hard_to_have_access_to_patch_notes_of...