cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for damaged lenses

Nipoc
Adventurer
Hey,
do I get any support if my lens break or would I have to buy a completley new Rift ?
7 REPLIES 7

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As they are a sealed unit and not like the dk2 I think you may be stumped. I'd contact support via the support email link and see what they say.but it might be you have to buy a whole unit again 😞
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Lenses can't be replaced, so if yours break (for example, due to using the wrong cleaning solution, etc,) then you will pretty much have to buy a new Rift out of your pocket. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Nipoc
Adventurer
Has a cleaning solution actually destroyed the lenses?
I thought alcohol didn't destroy the lenses, didn't you test some wipes yourself?

Edit: (read the thread again) Some alcohol wipes work, but others can destroy the lenses.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
No replacement lenses or earphones or anything else for that matter is daft in my opinion. This means that a near fully functional Rift (depending on the fault,) can be ruined by something so small. Talk about wasting perfectly good parts. Will Oculus or anybody else give you money for the rest of the working parts or do we just throw it all in the bin if it has a scratched lens?

cybereality
Grand Champion
There are replacements for parts that are separate, but the lenses are not removable.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

There are replacements for parts that are separate, but the lenses are not removable.

Why did Oculus choose to have fixed lenses? Was this down to the ipd adjustment and if so couldn't they find a way around this?

Nipoc
Adventurer
One reason was to keep the interior dust free.