cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TF2 Help

cgallizzi
Honored Guest
hello all,

i just got my dev kit and wanted to test in TF2, i followed the wiki guide by making sure the launch options has -vr... then calibrate in the main menu with the dev console, however when i type "vr_calibration" i always get 'Unkown Command'

please help

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Qwonfu
Honored Guest
When I started typing in "vr_calibration" in the debug console, I got a filtered list of possible commands, "vr_calibration" being one of the selections. I selected that option from the drop down and hit enter and it loaded the calibration utility. Maybe your TF2 needs updated? Steam seems to update programs automatically for me, but maybe that is a configurable setting in Steam that got turned off on yours?

emmons
Honored Guest
When I type vr_calibration in the console and hit enter nothing happens. I tried every resolution. Is anyone else having this problem?

kyrnel
Honored Guest
I am having the same issue. When I type "vr" into the console the "vr_calibration" command appears but none of the other "vr_" commands. Pressing enter after vr_calibration does nothing.

I'm not sure it makes a difference but I have a TF2 server installed (not running) and have also previously installed some HUD hacks to make TF2 work across 3 monitors.
I did unistall TF2, delete the entire directory as well as the user-specific config directory for TF2 then reinstall to try to eliminate any previous hacks. But I am still having the same problem.

When I enter a game it does split the screen but without the round, black "windows". The screen is just split in half with a double image. The image is WAY off so not useable and the hud appears only on one side and is cut off. So it seems to be trying to support the Rift, but not working all the way.

320x200
Explorer
A TF2 patch pushed out last night broke rift support.