cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPCAST Wireless Adapter - Would you pay the price?

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
TPCAST have announced that their wireless adapter for Rift will be out at the end of the year. In the UK, Scan are taking pre-orders for the Vive model which is nearly £320. https://www.scan.co.uk/products/tpcast-wireless-adapter-for-htc-vive-headset-provides-360-degree-fre...;

While I'm interested in it as a product, I can't justify paying only £79 less than the whole Rift set-up for the privilege. 

Are you interested in it? Would you pay that much for it? If not, how much would you be willing to spend to lose the cables?
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope. No interest at all. Even if it was £99.

The battery dying would ruin your immersion, the battery exploding would ruin your knackers and I'm fine with the cable.

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
Can understand you not being interested, it depends on what you do in VR. Unless you play more than 5 hours sessions a day, battery dying is not going to be an issue. What is with the constant battery exploding thing that people keep going on about, anyone would think it's a widespread issue, which it clearly isn't. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I'd buy it for under $60 U.S.

It would be good for athletic type games (boxing, VR Sports). These are games that I rarely play longer than 1-2 hours. But the current pricepoint isn't worth it imo, since I would still rather run outside than work up a sweat in VR.

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
its a moot point ...its for the vive

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

its a moot point ...its for the vive

Actually, it's being released for the Rift this year
:#

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Id rather keep wifi away from my gourd.
And id rather not have to worry about charging the damn thing ever 45mins.
WAAAGH!

vannagirl
Consultant
how much??!! 😮

seriously, this is some luxury, cables would really have to be annoying you. That is nearly a whole new rift
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Wildt
Consultant

..I absolutely HATE that effing cable.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

lol i knew you'd come on Wildt - you were the only one who said this last month:

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/57624/cost-of-tpcast-wireless-adapter

It's great that wireless VR is "kind of" here but that price...
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3