Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell us your real scary story !!!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'll kick it off.

As you know I'm a London paramedic. I have loads of scary stories but one sticks out in my mind.
I was working alone in my fast response car and got called to a trapped behind locked doors. Now this can mean many things, the person has fallen and cannot get to the door, they not in or they dead. I got to the house, not creepy, just a normal suburban semi detached. I open the letterbox and shout out "ambulance" !!! I hear a muffled help me help me. So I do the thing we are allowed to and break the door down. I get in and say "where are you"? Clear as day i hear "upstairs" i rush upstairs with all my bags and call "what room"? Nothing...i call out again, still nothing. So now i think the patient is either unconscious or in cardiac arrest. I hear from downstairs that the police have arrived and let them know I've broken in and am looking for the distressed person. 3 rooms upstairs, 1st room nothing 2nd room nothing so they must be in the 3rd room right ? Yup you guessed it, nothing. Now I'm super confused and rush around the house looking for the patient. The whole house was empty and I start getting that funny feeling. Then I had to explain my actions to the police and sounded like a right prat. To this very day and as I'm typing I can still hear that voice "upstairs" true story. Who is next?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

24 REPLIES 24

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
i had a dream where i went outside and looked left to the mountains and saw a giant the size of a mountain covered in tv screen all playing a different video he must have been 5 miles high and 3 miles wide just a mile or so away. it was absolutely convincing to seem real, i was gobsmacked and terrified as i looked at that monstrosity. most scary thing i ever saw in my entire life! most neo lit tv screen i ever saw to this day. must have been millions of tvs on him. covered in them head to toe.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

Techy111 said:

I'll kick it off.

As you know I'm a London paramedic. I have loads of scary stories but one sticks out in my mind.
I was working alone in my fast response car and got called to a trapped behind locked doors. Now this can mean many things, the person has fallen and cannot get to the door, they not in or they dead. I got to the house, not creepy, just a normal suburban semi detached. I open the letterbox and shout out "ambulance" !!! I hear a muffled help me help me. So I do the thing we are allowed to and break the door down. I get in and say "where are you"? Clear as day i hear "upstairs" i rush upstairs with all my bags and call "what room"? Nothing...i call out again, still nothing. So now i think the patient is either unconscious or in cardiac arrest. I hear from downstairs that the police have arrived and let them know I've broken in and am looking for the distressed person. 3 rooms upstairs, 1st room nothing 2nd room nothing so they must be in the 3rd room right ? Yup you guessed it, nothing. Now I'm super confused and rush around the house looking for the patient. The whole house was empty and I start getting that funny feeling. Then I had to explain my actions to the police and sounded like a right prat. To this very day and as I'm typing I can still hear that voice "upstairs" true story. Who is next?

Plot twist. You was in the wrong house. It was next door...

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I thought that mate lol but no the address was confirmed with my control room  😄 and it doesn't explain the voices now do it ? Lol
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

avensis18
Protege
 Your story is really scary  😄

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Freaked the shit out of me 😉

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Techy111 said:

Freaked the shit out of me 😉

In short you didn't find the hidden door to the safe room inside the large closet, in fact no one ever did?

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Nope, they may still be there as a skeleton cursing the day a paramedic never found them  😄

Sneakygloworm
Expert Protege
Years ago, I did a security job where I had to patrol an abandoned hospital in Holloway in London. It was like a labyrinth inside, Part Victorian and part modern. It was massive and took the best part of 4 hours to cover. It was in a fairly dilapidated state as it was being prepared for destruction so was slowly being torn down. Walking around it was very creepy as it was mostly in darkness and the lower basement levels were flooded which only added to my over active imagination, so at lunchtime I would head over to a modern stairwell and sit and have lunch (as this particular spot was beside a huge window that allowed lots of daylight in but it was also beside a lift (elevator). So everyday, after I'd explored, I'd sit there at lunch time and read a book.

One day I sat down to read and noticed the sky was darkening into a storm and the first rumbles of thunder could be heard. As I began to wonder if perhaps I should vacate my position and head back outside, the lift (elevator) arrival ding sounded! Needless to say, I did a runner and did not look back....

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Cracking story fella  😮