Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell us your real scary story !!!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'll kick it off.

As you know I'm a London paramedic. I have loads of scary stories but one sticks out in my mind.
I was working alone in my fast response car and got called to a trapped behind locked doors. Now this can mean many things, the person has fallen and cannot get to the door, they not in or they dead. I got to the house, not creepy, just a normal suburban semi detached. I open the letterbox and shout out "ambulance" !!! I hear a muffled help me help me. So I do the thing we are allowed to and break the door down. I get in and say "where are you"? Clear as day i hear "upstairs" i rush upstairs with all my bags and call "what room"? Nothing...i call out again, still nothing. So now i think the patient is either unconscious or in cardiac arrest. I hear from downstairs that the police have arrived and let them know I've broken in and am looking for the distressed person. 3 rooms upstairs, 1st room nothing 2nd room nothing so they must be in the 3rd room right ? Yup you guessed it, nothing. Now I'm super confused and rush around the house looking for the patient. The whole house was empty and I start getting that funny feeling. Then I had to explain my actions to the police and sounded like a right prat. To this very day and as I'm typing I can still hear that voice "upstairs" true story. Who is next?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

24 REPLIES 24

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

So during collage I lived in a apartment in Baton Rouge Louisiana that my roommates and I are REALLY damn sure was haunted.

1919 Blvd De Province Appt 119 if I remember right.

We had several Ghost there a women who you would see sometimes in the upstairs bathroom mirror doing her makeup..... Really damn freaky when your taking a shower.

She also must have stayed in my room which was the second of two upstairs rooms.

If you closed the closet door it would be open up violently at night... I kept it open.

( edit I forgot to talk about this

I had my computer and electronics setup in that closet it was a perfect play space and I played a ton of the original Counter Strike there was one map called TORN that was fashioned after a WW2 bombed out Italian villa ( I loved that map ) and every time that map came up it got cold in the closet…….. I never had the balls to turn around. )

We had what we think was a poltergeist we named Timmy because we were all into South Park.

Occasionally we would see a boy at the top of the stairs so probably not a poltergeist but he liked playing with things.

My roommate Raphael had a ton of Star wars and Gundam action figures that would be left around his room like someone was playing with them "also upstairs like mine" 

We had one of those cordless phones with a base station in the appt and one day the base station went missing.

We searched for a few hours and threw the phone away a week or two later.

One day a few mths later the three of us are watching tv we had rented The Thirteen Warrior when it came out.

When we turned the lights on the base station was in the middle of the living room... We blamed Timmy and threw it away.

Now for the scary shit.

The last room I haven't spoken of yet was my friend Eric's room.

Again one night we are all watching TV and we hear a loud bang come from his room.

We paused the Star Wars episode 1 turned on the lights and investigated.

We looked around and didn't find anything but on a whim I looked in eric's bathroom behind the toilet I found two long golden rectangle pieces of metal each with a square slot cut out.

I put them together and it was a cross then I found the Jesus statue and damn that was eric's crucifix that hung up over his doorway.

Which btw had a closet and two walls between where it was and where it started. It would have had to be thrown and arced like a U to end up where it was.

I also noticed that Eric's fan was wobbling oddly turned it off and found a damn knife laying on top of one of the fan blades.

Now that's some bad shit but its not the worst of everything that happened to me there.

One night I woke up with something trying to strangle me. I fought like hell and had a few cuts and scratches on my neck after the incident but it went away after a serious struggle I was exhausted and scared shitless so I didn't chase. Best I can describe it as is a 4 foot creature with grey skin spiney stubble on its chin and two tiny nubs for horns on its head.

I moved out the next week and later found out that before I moved in Eric and his friends used to try to practice occult crap and play with Ouija boards.

Never believed in ghost until that appt I damn sure do now.

And no I am not making this shit up honest to god it happened.

WAAAGH!

Luciferous
Consultant
I had to click on awesome as there was no unholy shit button.  :open_mouth:

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

I was born. My Mum has always said it was her biggest nightmare. 😞

I think Snowdog's self-depreciating style is frigging scary. Snap outta of it man. You are better than you think. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

Techy111 said:

I'll kick it off.

As you know I'm a London paramedic. I have loads of scary stories but one sticks out in my mind.
I was working alone in my fast response car and got called to a trapped behind locked doors. Now this can mean many things, the person has fallen and cannot get to the door, they not in or they dead. I got to the house, not creepy, just a normal suburban semi detached. I open the letterbox and shout out "ambulance" !!! I hear a muffled help me help me. So I do the thing we are allowed to and break the door down. I get in and say "where are you"? Clear as day i hear "upstairs" i rush upstairs with all my bags and call "what room"? Nothing...i call out again, still nothing. So now i think the patient is either unconscious or in cardiac arrest. I hear from downstairs that the police have arrived and let them know I've broken in and am looking for the distressed person. 3 rooms upstairs, 1st room nothing 2nd room nothing so they must be in the 3rd room right ? Yup you guessed it, nothing. Now I'm super confused and rush around the house looking for the patient. The whole house was empty and I start getting that funny feeling. Then I had to explain my actions to the police and sounded like a right prat. To this very day and as I'm typing I can still hear that voice "upstairs" true story. Who is next?

Yiykes. That reminds of this story where these rescuers heard cries from a mother. When they found her she was submerged in the car. They couldn' figure out how she could possibly have cried out to them but they were able to save the baby because the water was so cold it slowed his metabolism. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@Mowtin yes I remember that story, read it here, couple of sentences down it mentions what you said = https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/father-says-baby-who-survived-13-hour-car-crash-ordeal-n321791
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.