cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The HTC VIVE thread (please keep to subject)

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

kevinw729_1-1619256907371.png

Post created for the latest news on the new headset releases.

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
47 REPLIES 47

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

Ohhhh, are we about to see a new Vive HMD?

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Looking forward to seeing HTC's plans to bounce back and recover from their unfortunate financial history - and performance in the VR Market - over the last few years.

As an early predictor,

I wager that HTC will double-down on their latest trends and focus on competing more strongly by using a business model similar to Oculus and Facebook. So... we should be seeing some big improvements on their own Vive Store, as well as more innovations around tetherless/inside-out-tracking/hybrid VR HMDs.

Some Vive exclusives would be nice, but not sure if that's something they have invested in yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah will be interesting to see their plans for sure , will they continue to work with native PC-VR or go chasing after the hybrid mobile that can also be tethered to PC.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Maybe a new and improved Cosmos, lol!  My OG Cosmos is still back in it's box under my pool table waiting for proper inside out tracking fixes that have never happened.  If Vive releases a hybrid with inside out tracking I don't like their chances of me buying one.  Whatever they release it's going to be expensive imho.

Oh well, only aud$1,300 down the drain.  At least my Vive Pro with Index controllers continues to work well.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Interesting if HTC COSMOS has had any improvements during all this time, so you haven't tested it lately? If there are some hardware limitations it may of course be difficult, and HTC may have much fewer resources than Facebook for profound software optimizations... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Hi Rune, ya, I take my OG Cosmos out once in a while whenever Vive says they've improved it's tracking but the last time they've issued any inside-out tracking improvements was over 9 months ago, and it did not significantly improve this.  All their latest releases have been addressing the Cosmos Elite (SteamVR tracking w/base stations version) and that seems a bit of a mess as well, lol!  I could buy a aud$400 Elite faceplate and use my Vive Pro base stations but I don't see the point while my oled Vive Pro is working so well.  The Comos panels are lcd's btw.

In any case it will be interesting to see what Vive has to offer.  If they do not come up will something very good I think their VR days may be numbered, at least wrt consumer gaming.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

^^Have they still not fixed the Cosmos yet?

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Sadly, the OG Cosmos inside-out tracking still sucks.  I doubt that any new Vive product with this same tracking tech is going to work much better but I guess time will tell.

@OmegaM4N wrote:

Ohhhh, are we about to see a new Vive HMD?

Apparently multiple new headsets.

The website says:

"as HTC VIVE unveils game-changing VR headsets"

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2