cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

Thanks, hope I never will again too 🤞

Btw, the vertical columns look like this - and are horizontal on Rift-S and Quest 2 due to different panel orientations:

Spoiler
U-lrrPN0XoYt5qeTQeUwaLlkzOAwkblC9sKKIqhVR6M.jpg

m5sc93658y731.png

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

pyroth309
Visionary

Well, the Valve Index SDE is visible in a vertical pattern to me normally and it's there stationary. It's the light gaps I'm looking at. I can see horizontal too in bright lighting. But I don't see the weird banding that I see in those vertical column pics which seem more prominent. It looks like this from Tyriel Wood's through the lens vids.

Disclaimer this is zoomed in.

Valve Index.jpg

Either way it's not a significant issue for me. It's hard to see in normal gameplay in most situations.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah can't say I much notice it either and I certainly have several hours in now with the Index. I mean I know it is there, and if I really focus on it I can see it, but normally I am looking beyond at other stuff so it does not nag at me really.

I am currently doing another play through of Medal of Honor Above and Beyond with the Index this time. I will say though that black screen during the loading of the mission, OMG the glare on that thing is pretty rough.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RuneSR2 wrote:

Thanks, hope I never will again too 🤞

Btw, the vertical columns look like this - and are horizontal on Rift-S and Quest 2 due to different panel orientations:

Spoiler
U-lrrPN0XoYt5qeTQeUwaLlkzOAwkblC9sKKIqhVR6M.jpg

m5sc93658y731.png

@RuneSR2 

Question for ya:

How the heck do you get all that info in your sig? Mine just seems to disappear into nothing if I put much into it.

I don't see a way to do that, change font size etc?

You can only see the vertical columns when you move your head - when you stand still they always completely disappear. So only when moving - and having my lenses all dialed in and using glasses, my vision is very sharp in the hmd, maybe making me more prone to see them. I was hoping the columns would go more away in 120 Hz, but that wasn't the case, actually found the columns slightly more prominent with the 3090 - and I'd appreciate to try another hmd. Love that Valve fixed it all in less than 24 hours and send me my prepaid shipping papers. 

Yup, Tyriel shows the normal SDE in the above picture, not the vertical columns. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

I cheated 😎 - I called for help and got @DaftnDirect to help me - only mods can apply html codes and make the text smaller. 

yep, i mentioned in the forum thread that if anyone would like their sig corrected, let me know. Happy to repeat the offer here.

Less hopeful it's going to be globally corrected than I was but hey-ho... all the Oculus chaps must be busy on something 😮

georgefloydthemonkey
Honored Guest

Is there app sharing on quest 1 or only quest 2 

If it is on quest 1 how do u do it 

FYI its a preowned factory rest quest 1

I'm very convinced you're totally in the wrong thread - this thread is about the Valve Index. Try to make a new thread in a relevant sub-forum, thanks!

With that ethnic slur nom de plume account name they have chosen i suspect app sharing will be the least of their worries once that account is eventually flagged and banned at some point.

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.