cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,875 REPLIES 2,875

dburne
Level 15

Well having all new issues now with my replacement Vive Pro 2. I have about had it with this headset. Got the original in June and ran great up until a month or so ago. Now has been nothing but headaches.

Don't think I could recommend it anymore at this time.

Back to ole faithful Index for VR games and Reverb G2 for my flight sims for now.

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

dburne
Level 15

Well the situation is not as bad as I first thought with the replacement Vive Pro 2. For some reason, with Vive Console running, Steam VR thinks my base stations are not working properly. And show yellow triangle by each one. However the lights are green on each one and I found out today playing games all day they are working just fine. 

Very weird. They won't go into sleep mode though, they just stay solid green. Guess cause it thinks they are not working.

However hook up the Index, and they are recognized and sleep properly.  Very strange.

But anyway situation not as dire as I originally thought. Obviously at first I thought they would not be tracking. But they are tracking quite well. Had a blast with MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries in VR with the Vive Pro 2 all day today. Image quality is fantastic. For now at the end of the day with the Vive Pro 2 I am just unplugging the base stations so they don't run full bore all night long.

I don't know why but this strange stuff seems to happen to me lol.

dburne
Level 15

Well same issue that has been plaguing me for a while is still there in this replacement VP2 as well, along with the sensor problems in addition. Without expanding on it too much I have been submitting log files to HTC and turns out they have not gotten the VP2 fully compatible with Windows 11 yet.  Hopefully they will in the near future.

So after spending all these hours troubleshooting this darn thing it is now uninstalled and have gone back to my other two headsets in the meantime. 

That is kind of what I thought after checking more into it, I installed Windows 11 on Oct 5th and started posting on this issue in another forum on Oct 7th. From June until then it ran perfectly on Windows 10.

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hi there fellow gamers! Since the recent update, Windows 11 has not been compatible with the Quest 2. We know that this is an issue and are working towards new updates. Window 10 is still compatible and recommended for your device.

I never upgrade before I'm completely sure everything is supported. In fact I didn't buy the RTX 3090 before I was sure it was fully supported by Oculus. 

Win11 does not exist to me before it's fully supported by Oculus and Valve. I'll probably still stick with Win10 for several years to come - unless Win11 has some very significant advantages, not sure I see any right now. I only play VR games and apps on the rig.  

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Hey @OculusSupport , as odd as it may be for a couple members to spend so much time talking about the Index and Vive Pro on the Oculus forum... that's what they're talking about here and probably not something we need to get into trouble-shooting 🙂

I think to avoid confusion and save a little time for all our forum members (and support) searching for problems/solutions in the future, it would be beneficial to have a separate section for non-Oculus hardware. Or separate non-Oculus stuff from Oculus' General section in some way.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H1 (19043.1348)

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello there, thanks so much for your feedback! We take feedback/suggestions seriously to help improve our products and customer service experience. To ensure that your voice is heard, please feel free to click here to submit suggestions. Thanks! 🙂

@RuneSR2 wrote:

I never upgrade before I'm completely sure everything is supported. In fact I didn't buy the RTX 3090 before I was sure it was fully supported by Oculus. 

Win11 does not exist to me before it's fully supported by Oculus and Valve. I'll probably still stick with Win10 for several years to come - unless Win11 has some very significant advantages, not sure I see any right now. I only play VR games and apps on the rig.  

I have not seen any issue so far with Windows 11 and Valve. Interesting that both Oculus and HTC are having issues, wonder if they are somehow related as to the cause.

Btw for information I never asked for troubleshooting help on my VP2 issue here. Just sharing info that may be beneficial to others.

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I didn't say that you did, and my comment was a reply to support, not to you.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H1 (19043.1348)