cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

PluckeyOne
Protege
Interesting, there's no ring or any sign of camera tracking. Could they be going for chirp?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Seems the price for my used, old and dusty Index just went up to 10k  😄 

Here’s the full statement from Valve:

With Half-Life: Alyx coming March 23rd, we are working hard to meet demand for the Valve Index and want to reassure everyone that Index systems will be available for purchase prior to the game’s launch. However, the global Coronavirus health crisis has impacted our production schedules so we will have far fewer units for sale during the coming months compared to the volumes we originally planned. Our entire team is working hard right now to maximize availability. To receive a notification as soon as the Valve Index is back in stock, please visit Steam and click “Notify Me.”

https://uploadvr.com/valve-index-coronavirus/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
If I tried to sell my Index for 10k, people might think that's insanely cheap  😄  

1ekubwjr0szw.png

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
^^They only have one avalible, shame, i wanted two just to have one as a backup. lol
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star

RuneSR2 said:

Played ZED the other day - this game that never really got finished, but still is a great "walking simulator":

https://youtu.be/y5bVwPZzrD8

Now, one might assume that this game would look awesome using the Index, but unfortunately I think the devs used a lot of temporal antialiasing in the game, at least it looks horrible using Index. 
I then found out that the game supports native Oculus drivers, so I could use my CV1 - and the experience is really night and day. Just like Kobold. 
You really need the have an oled hmd to enjoy some (older) games - I would not be able to enjoy ZED using an lcd hmd - at least I don't think even 144 Hz using Index res 200% would help enough (ok, it might, but that's a pipe dream for now, lol). Also performance isn't great on my rig with the Index (the game seems badly optimized), I greatly enjoy having asw 2.0 to help me out.
ZED has official Index support, but it does not really matter before devs redo the entire game to ensure that lighting, antialiasing etc. are appropriately set for lcd hmds:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/953370/ZED/

from the trailer i think it needs more view-able distance. the camera doesn't see too far in the distance. i would get bored of it quick i think. might have to dust off my cv1 and have a closer look. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Alyx might be an expensive lady, but I'm married, and persons ending up only paying 2k for maybe a year or two, believe me that's really cheap!  B)

xmlsi8z3elj2.jpg

Luciferous
Consultant
Hmmm must be tempting for @Shadowmask72 as he does not use his Index.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Hmmm must be tempting for @Shadowmask72 as he does not use his Index.

He probably sold the hmd to @Kojack for $300 a few weeks ago, lol. Today the hmd alone may be worth 1k... Or more... 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Found this...

i5cn3062lm3s.png

If it comes to that, I'm sure Rift-S would be a nice option 😉

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I'm trying to figure out why no company has released a VR headset that has the following. HP Reverb or Index Resolution, PlayStation or Oculus DK2 lenses, Oculus CV1 controllers and Light houses for tracking. A headset like this would be cheaper than Valve index and could probably sell for £700 or less. I'm still waiting for a VR headset like this to arrive.