cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star

i see them too.

Ah right, well at least they are replacing it and just in time, and hopefully the new one does not have them....fingers crossed. 😉

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I love you too, Valve ❤️

Unavngivet.jpg

Never thought I'd miss her so much, can't wait to get her back - well, her head that is, still got her hands and ... stuff 😁 Hmmm, not sure that came out right ... 🤔 Nevermind 😉

Btw, Valve received the hmd May 27, and shipped June 16. That's 14 working days, not bad. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

If the new hmd has the columns too, at least I've got some confirmation that they are a natural "feature" - rather that than keeping the hmd beyond the warranty period and never finding out if my hmd did have too visible columns. I had to use -7 and -8 for column corrections, and have automatic column correction enabled, for optimal image quality. I didn't like having to be so close to -10 which is the lowest value. You can go even lower than -10 (by setting certain ini-files), but Valve says that may damage the panels in the long run. 

My old hmd was working perfectly in every way, just apart from the columns - I hope I didn't just swap an great pre-Covid-19 (Wuhan-built - no joke) Index hmd for a cheaper and more error-prone new model 🤔 😬 But I made peace with those risks before starting the RMA 😇

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RuneSR2 

With your rig you should consider the Vive Pro 2 headset. You already have the Lighthouse. I am more than pleased with the upgrade.

Truth told, I am considering the Vive Pro 2 - but let's have the Index back first 🙂 And recent rumors of Sony using oled for the upcoming PlayStation 5 hmd is quite interesting too!

Compared to Index - with the Vive Pro 2 which games (and associate res) work in 120 fps/Hz? I would not want to go back to 45 fps. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RuneSR2 wrote:

Truth told, I am considering the Vive Pro 2 - but let's have the Index back first 🙂 And recent rumors of Sony using oled for the upcoming PlayStation 5 hmd is quite interesting too!

Compared to Index - with the Vive Pro 2 which games (and associate res) work in 120 fps/Hz? I would not want to go back to 45 fps. 

I would not be the best to ask that of, as the games I play I will be running at 90 Hz anyway due to the demanding graphics and the headset's resolution.  Maybe some of the games you prefer might be able to though.

It does have awesome image clarity and no SDE though. Horizontal FOV about on par with Index, vertical is smaller.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I've said it before, I love you too, Valve ❤️ - And didn't expect to get my Birthday present this early 😀 

20210618_081656.jpg

Yup, still model 1007 🙂

- but a brand-new one:

20210618_081829.jpg

Have much work to do, won't be able to open it before tonight.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick - while it is still brand new in box unopened - sell it and get that Vive Pro 2!!

😉

Over my dead body 

RuneSR2_0-1624024266989.png