cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Thread

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I'm desperately trying to find out if there will be a VR mode so if anybody knows... that would be good!

https://youtu.be/ReDDgFfWlS4

*Edit: see the later posts in the thread for confirmation of VR support.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.964)

476 REPLIES 476

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Yep I noticed that this morning, phase 1 will be WMR testing and phase 2 will be other headsets.

They really seem to be working hard on updates. the Japan world update was pretty big and USA will be next, hopefully the UK will get the treatment before too long, London default isn't great and it could definitely benefit from more photogrammetry cities there.

Hopefully VR is still on track for WMR release with the G2 which means other headsets maybe January?

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.964)

vannagirl
Level 12
This is i hope what finally gets my brother in to VR , he sold the CV1 i brought him when i was overseas because he couldn't handle it "wimp" but now he Is always whatsapp'ing me flight sim pics.

I think this and a modern HMD will blow his mind
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

vannagirl said:

This is i hope what finally gets my brother in to VR , he sold the CV1 i brought him when i was overseas because he couldn't handle it "wimp" but now he Is always whatsapp'ing me flight sim pics.

I think this and a modern HMD will blow his mind

lol I know my brother sells my PC cast-offs after he's finished with them but I've held onto my headsets so far!
Despite all the amazing VR stuff around now, flight sims will probably always be the foundation for my VR love, never quite been into combat flight quite as much as casual flight and learning procedures and that type of stuff, so I really hope VR performs ok with this... will be really disappointing if it doesn't.

OmegaM4N
Level 11

RedRizla said:

Oh good stuff, i still have my Dell WMR VR Visor so hopefully that works, that would be fine until i get round to a grabbing a 3070 and a G2 after xmas. 🙂

Techy111
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I wonder how VR is this sim will be ? My feelings are its gonna be a bit of a stutter fest.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I'm expecting the worst but hoping. There's just a lot going on in the sim.

The positives are that everything is configurable so turning down or disabling the non-essentials may make a big difference. The other positive being nVidia cards are now a bit more affordable!

pyroth309
Level 14
Yea, plus Reverb can run in half resolution to get the frames up worst case. I look forward to finding out one way or the other.

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Some useful info on upcoming updates:

World Updates:
After Japan (World Update 1), USA (World Update 2) just landed with 1 new bush trip, 50 new points of interest, 14 new custom built airports, 1 tour plus elevation updates and custom building classes added.

World Update 3 will be UK 🙂
Interesting to see if any photogrammetry is introduced. As far as I can tell, bing maps hasn't added any for the UK so unless MS are doing that just for the sim, we're probably looking at the similar to Japan and USA updates, with POIs, airports and building classes, and an additional bush trip, looking forward to finding out. Planned for 26th January.

VR:
Arriving for all headsets on 22nd December as part of Sim Update 2. Details should be given on 17th December in the feature discovery series. Not long to wait!!

I'm just waiting on my Honeycomb throttle quadrant now, been delayed again but not by too much... 16th December.

dburne
Level 16

Some useful info on upcoming updates:

World Updates:
After Japan (World Update 1), USA (World Update 2) just landed with 1 new bush trip, 50 new points of interest, 14 new custom built airports, 1 tour plus elevation updates and custom building classes added.

World Update 3 will be UK 🙂
Interesting to see if any photogrammetry is introduced. As far as I can tell, bing maps hasn't added any for the UK so unless MS are doing that just for the sim, we're probably looking at the similar to Japan and USA updates, with POIs, airports and building classes, and an additional bush trip, looking forward to finding out. Planned for 26th January.

VR:
Arriving for all headsets on 22nd December as part of Sim Update 2. Details should be given on 17th December in the feature discovery series. Not long to wait!!

I'm just waiting on my Honeycomb throttle quadrant now, been delayed again but not by too much... 16th December.

Nice to hear a date on VR now.
Will be interesting to see how the sim does with VR. I have not purchased it yet as I was waiting for VR implementation first. I am sure I will get it, but no telling when I will get any time to play it.
Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index