cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Thread

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I'm desperately trying to find out if there will be a VR mode so if anybody knows... that would be good!

https://youtu.be/ReDDgFfWlS4

*Edit: see the later posts in the thread for confirmation of VR support.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H1 (19043.1348)

541 REPLIES 541

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Good testing there @dburne 

I've just had a couple short sessions and have been trying out the homecockpit 'on' method as a workaround, menus and mouse seem to work again, for selecting menu items but not for selecting cockpit switches. Zoom doesn't work but I never really used that anyway as I tend to fly GA in VR all the time and you can see the instruments pretty well in the GA aircraft.

It looks like none of the work-arounds are perfect but I'm not getting any CTDs... I don't remember ever having one from the start so maybe just lucky.

On the up side, two of the cities I know well are now in photogrammetry, Derby and Nottingham, so will be doing some more sight-seeing.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H1 (19043.1348)

Yeah I am up to around 9-10 hours of flying now in several flights and still no CTD. Very solid so far.

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2