cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The P5 Glove

Ausinspiration
Honored Guest
Hello,

Yes, I have a P5 Glove. But so far I have not done anything with it other than pull it out of storage and sit it next to my laptop. I switched my attention to the Hydra instead.
I think there are some different libraries available for the P5, including Linux support, but I don't know if any of them have better tracking.
2 REPLIES 2

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
I have two of them. I was the one who worked out how to get absolute position tracking from them. The official SDK only allowed them to be used in relative mode like a 3D mouse.

They have a major firmware issue in that the firmware refuses to send the finger bend data unless one of the IR LEDs on the glove can be seen. That was a deliberate choice by the firmware authors that basically killed the glove's usefulness for many applications. They also only supported USB 1, so the update rate is limited to 42Hz and doesn't include the full data.

Anyway, if anyone has a hand model that I can control, I'm happy to add it to a Rift demo.

darren
Honored Guest
Nah. I am looking for a complete solution. Currently I am thinking Kinect. It has the greatest likelihood of still being there 2 years down the road when games are finished.
"Collecting user blood samples is critical for the operation of the device. We have struggled with our ability to communicate our vision about how user blood sample collection is the future of VR gaming." - Microsoft