cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Rift community Dies

Tim74UK
Level 4
It's extremely clear that the Rift community was always a tiny slice of the gaming community, but we supported it anyway thinking it would grow...

and regardless of whatever statistic you want to quote, it is really really really obvious that in fact, the community shrinks, there are no players in the online games, the rift breaks all the time and you don't get response from the support, you post in the forum but it takes days or maybe never before a reply... 

RIP RIFT! 
My Rig: - Gigabyte Z97 X5 MB / Core i7 4790K @ 4.4Ghz - Water Cooled Coolmaster AIO Loop (Push - Pull Config)/ 16GB Corsair Dominator ram at 2400Mhz / Palit Jetsteam GTX 980 OC edition / 250GB SSD OS / Program Drive + 2 TB hard drive storage / Win 10
145 REPLIES 145

Zenbane
Level 16

OMAW3D said:
Just this week I managed a password reset for 1400 Azure users across the UK due to an ongoing problem with phishing.

If you reset all 1400 manually then you're doing it wrong. Whichever way you're doing it though, resetting lots of passwords isn't something to boast of online. Pro Tip.

I DO NOT maintain that resetting passwords is difficult, again you are straw manning me and its getting pathetic.

Your short term memory loss is the only thing pathetic here:

"to become completely proficient in password resets can require a fair amount of technical knowledge"
"a password reset can become a big challenge"

Either you can't remember your own words within a 24 hour period, or this is just your way of coming to terms with the fact that I was right: resetting passwords isn't difficult.

I AM telling you that password resetting, depending on the scenario CAN be a challenge

I already addressed this:
Passwords are a big challenge for some, sure. It's good position to hand
off to interns who are still learning. Tech newbs do well here; a great
way to "learn to swim" by starting in the kiddie pool.

I do not exaggerate my knowledge

You exaggerate your capabilities by constantly overplaying the task of resetting a password. It's the same type of exaggeration that has you incessantly advocating for the false claim that "Oculus Ready" is marketing ploy, when the truth is that it is "VR Ready" that is the ploy.

I learn new stuff all of the time and unlike you I get along just fine
with first line folk and sometimes even learn something from them.

I get along with the type of first line folk who do not exaggerate their position. Realists and truthsayers; not over-glorified password resetters.

IT is an everlasting learning experience, you seem to have fallen behind my friend.

nah, I stay at the fore-front of both leading-edge and bleeding-edge. You are simply ill-equipped to assess anything related to technology. Your only talent resides with forum spam and resetting passwords.

What is the difference between an 'Oculus Ready' machine and a VR ready one?

Check the NVidia site for more details on this:

yxy6e4qusy32.png

DigitalDeviant
Level 4

Skipping over the the e-peen bullcrap, your word twisting game is lame and its getting boring.

Zenbane said:
I do not exaggerate my knowledge

You exaggerate your capabilities by constantly overplaying the task of resetting a password. It's the same type of exaggeration that has you incessantly advocating for the false claim that "Oculus Ready" is marketing ploy, when the truth is that it is "VR Ready" that is the ploy

If 'Oculus Ready' is not a marketing ploy, if it is actually something substantial, then why do you keep avoiding my question? surely this is an easy one for someone whom stays "at the fore-front of both leading-edge and bleeding-edge".

What is the difference between Oculus Ready and VR Ready?

Zenbane
Level 16

OMAW3D said:

Skipping over the the e-peen bullcrap, your word twisting game is lame and its getting boring.

Pot/Kettle. You've spent several pages twisting words in order to falsely portray VR Ready as being the same as Oculus Ready. Yet you also struggle to understand your own words at describing something as being "difficult" when you say:

"to become completely proficient in password resets can require a fair amount of technical knowledge"
"a password reset can become a big challenge"

So it seems you can only connect imaginary dots, but not real ones.

If 'Oculus Ready' is not a marketing ploy, if it is actually something substantial, then why do you keep avoiding my question?

Your question has been answered many times. You're simply repeating the question in an attempt to restart the conversation from the beginning. That is the only tactic you have left. Then again, resetting a conversation is the forte of someone who resets passwords, right?

What is the difference between Oculus Ready and VR Ready?

I'll repost the 3 links that address this thoroughly:

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/vr/oculus-vr-ready-hardware
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3zrtgs/psa_your_usb_30_ports_may_not_be_compatible_with/
https://www.roadtovr.com/how-to-tell-pc-virtual-reality-vr-oculus-rift-htc-vive-steam-vr-compatibili...

Your avoidance of the truth and resetting of the conversation is highly anticipated.

DigitalDeviant
Level 4

Zenbane said:

I wouldn't want to let you down so lets look at the links.

First one - marketing material. Smack in the centre in BIG letters "GET VR READY" - and below that? links to Oculus Ready and VR Ready machines. Dude, you are SUPPORTING my argument these are marketing terms and that VR-Ready and O-Ready are the SAME VR compatible machines. 😄

Second one - TWO YEAR old Reddit discussion regarding non supported USB controllers. Which neither the VR-R machines nor the O-R machines use. Completely useless in supporting your argument, why do you keep citing this?

Third one - good round up of recommended specs needed for good VR performance. Advocates using Oculus compatibility tool to check a system out, and so on. Say's absolutely nothing about what an 'Oculus Ready' branded machine actually is.

Despite all your posturing, man baby belligerence, word twisting and played out pathetic insults - the ONE thing you cannot do is prove your case that 'Oculus Ready' is a SUBSTANTIAL thing, as in WHY would anyone need to buy one, what is in there that should make us choose it.
Come on now Mr "bleeding edge", this is the place for "big boys" right? (creepy bugger) so surely you can explain your case using your own words?

Zenbane
Level 16

OMAW3D said:

First one - marketing material.

Wrong. The first one is Nvidia correcting their marketing material of "VR Ready" but promoting the factual "Oculus Ready."

Second one - TWO YEAR old Reddit discussion
The Oculus Rift is TWO YEARS old and it is still the same version, CV1. The requirements are still the same. So we can add "versioning" to the list of things you don't understand about tech.

Third one - good round up of recommended specs needed for good VR
performance. Advocates using Oculus compatibility tool to check a system
out, and so on. Say's absolutely nothing about what an 'Oculus Ready'
branded machine actually is.

The Oculus compatibility tool tells you the likelihood that a machine is Oculus Ready.

all your posturing, man baby belligerence, word twisting and played out pathetic insults

Extreme pot/kettle coupled with a healthy dose of ignorance.

the ONE thing you cannot do is prove your case that 'Oculus Ready'

The case has been made and proven since the Oculus Rift launched. What no one can do, however, is force a password resetter to accept the facts of a situation.

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Tired of this thread now. Closed.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂