cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Rift community Dies

Tim74UK
Level 4
It's extremely clear that the Rift community was always a tiny slice of the gaming community, but we supported it anyway thinking it would grow...

and regardless of whatever statistic you want to quote, it is really really really obvious that in fact, the community shrinks, there are no players in the online games, the rift breaks all the time and you don't get response from the support, you post in the forum but it takes days or maybe never before a reply... 

RIP RIFT! 
My Rig: - Gigabyte Z97 X5 MB / Core i7 4790K @ 4.4Ghz - Water Cooled Coolmaster AIO Loop (Push - Pull Config)/ 16GB Corsair Dominator ram at 2400Mhz / Palit Jetsteam GTX 980 OC edition / 250GB SSD OS / Program Drive + 2 TB hard drive storage / Win 10
145 REPLIES 145

RuneSR2
Level 16
If no one answers then it's typically because no one has a great idea concerning how to help you.  

If you have an Nvidia video card, you could try an old (safe/secure) driver like Forceware 391.35 - I still use that one, it works flawlessly. 

Or try to test the Rift using another PC if possible to check if the hardware is working properly - like I wrote in another post to you. 

i7 7700K (4.5GHz); MSI GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100MHz gpu boost, 11GHz mem speed); 16GB 3200MHz; MSI Z270I (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 NVMe 128GB (OS) + Samsung 860 4TB SSD (games) + Toshiba P300 HDD 3TB (games); Win10; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 using super sampling 2.0.      "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

Tim74UK
Level 4
I'm running a VR ready Laptop an ASUS ROG 503VM Strix - It worked fine until it didn't
I tried rolling back the driver but it just said incorrect driver or other such error. 

And besides.... shouldn't Oculus make sure that their software is compliant with the latest graphics drivers?? 
My Rig: - Gigabyte Z97 X5 MB / Core i7 4790K @ 4.4Ghz - Water Cooled Coolmaster AIO Loop (Push - Pull Config)/ 16GB Corsair Dominator ram at 2400Mhz / Palit Jetsteam GTX 980 OC edition / 250GB SSD OS / Program Drive + 2 TB hard drive storage / Win 10

RuneSR2
Level 16

Tim74UK said:

I'm running a VR ready Laptop an ASUS ROG 503VM Strix - It worked fine until it didn't
I tried rolling back the driver but it just said incorrect driver or other such error. 

And besides.... shouldn't Oculus make sure that their software is compliant with the latest graphics drivers?? 

Or maybe Nvidia should check that their drivers work perfectly with Oculus, it's not always easy 😉 Some Rift users have been experiencing issues with some of the latest Nvidia drivers - if nothing works for you with the latest drivers, I'd recommend trying one of the older drivers. 

i7 7700K (4.5GHz); MSI GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100MHz gpu boost, 11GHz mem speed); 16GB 3200MHz; MSI Z270I (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 NVMe 128GB (OS) + Samsung 860 4TB SSD (games) + Toshiba P300 HDD 3TB (games); Win10; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 using super sampling 2.0.      "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

Tim74UK
Level 4
I tried rolling back, my laptop doesn't like older drivers. 

Tim74UK
Level 4
And besides, this is supposed to be a consumer product, I shouldn't have to be tinkering under the hood to get it to work! 

RuneSR2
Level 16
So it's impossible for you to install this driver? - Simply by installing it directly on your PC? 

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/132845/en-us

Tim74UK
Level 4

RuneSR2 said:

So it's impossible for you to install this driver? - Simply be installing it directly on your PC? 

Yep my pc rejects it. States I have a newer version, when I uninstall the driver and try and install it from fresh it says it is incompatible with my hardware. 

RuneSR2
Level 16

Tim74UK said:

RuneSR2 said:

So it's impossible for you to install this driver? - Simply be installing it directly on your PC? 

Yep my pc rejects it. States I have a newer version, when I uninstall the driver and try and install it from fresh it says it is incompatible with my hardware. 

Ok, are there any older Nvidia drivers you can use (=which are compatible with your hardware)? I'd try to go back as far as possible - assuming this could be a Nvidia driver problem. 

Did you install any new software or Windows updates just before the issue occurred? 

kzintzi
Level 10

Tim74UK said:

RuneSR2 said:

so, it sounds like your hardware has an issue with standard NVidia Drivers? are you using custom driver sets by your manufacturer?
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.