cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Rift community Dies

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's extremely clear that the Rift community was always a tiny slice of the gaming community, but we supported it anyway thinking it would grow...

and regardless of whatever statistic you want to quote, it is really really really obvious that in fact, the community shrinks, there are no players in the online games, the rift breaks all the time and you don't get response from the support, you post in the forum but it takes days or maybe never before a reply... 

RIP RIFT! 
145 REPLIES 145

@Tim74UK You were the one who initially used the VR ready label as the reason for the laptop being compatible with the Rift, not me. You're the one creating multiple threads for a single problem. You're the one ignoring responses such as Cyber's statement that support had contacted you within 24 hours. You're the one still not providing details of your laptop which would have helped... unless it's included within one of your many threads which I can't now be bothered to read. You're the one making statements that the community dies because you have a problem.

Care to re-asses the need to grow up?

DigitalDeviant
Protege
I don't know why, boredom perhaps, but i read this entire thread and honestly it was painful.

I'll just say this, you can't help someone whom refuses to help themselves.

Laptops are legit desktop replacements though, i VR using my Dell G5 with GX1060 no problem. Performance wise the mobile 1060 is on average, maybe 8-10% slower than the desktop iteration, depending what game you test of course. I consider that a reasonable trade off in order to have my laptop be the only PC i need in my life. If i look after the thing, it can be sold contribute greatly to a complete refresh in a few years.

That's a fair comment @OMAW3D.  There shouldn't be a massive performance difference. A 3D Mark run or equivelent would go a long way to giving a reliable indicator. There are a few other potential trip-ups, USB configuration/manufacturer/driver configuration has caused issues for some.

I think the reasonable initial post from anyone with a problem like this would have been something along the lines of...

I have x laptop with the following specs... and with y drivers... and experiencing z problem. Does anyone have this laptop and have the same issues or found a solution? Thanks for any help.

It's not so difficult.

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-Mobile-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/m164336vs3639
Looks like a difference of around 20% big enough differences I wouldn't side step the fact though. Agree though - there are other pitfalls with laptops other than graphics. The major difference though is if something isn't compatible - there are usually ways around it for the desktop. Don't have usb3.0? Get an addon card. Laptop doesn't have USB 3.0? Well... nothing you can do about that.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Tim74UK said:
Actually... VR ready means the laptop or computer meets the minimum systems requirements to run VR.

There's no such thing as "run VR." That's like saying, "doing computer." The computer's configurations must meet the requirements to run a specific platform, such as: Windows Mixed Reality, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift. 

Tim74UK said:

I could put a label on my car saying it was a Lambo... but that doesn't make it so

LMAO - the irony here is lost on you. What you did was put a fake "VR ready" label on your Laptop, yet... it doesn't make it so.

vannagirl
Consultant
Thread about end of rift community has 55 comments, 766 views

Ohh the ironing!
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did say that Oculus Support should indeed test their Device for when our PCs need to roll back anything (drivers or system restore) as WIN10 then adds Special Admin Permissions that stop the Rift working!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

MAC_MAN86 said:

I did say that Oculus Support should indeed test their Device for when our PCs need to roll back anything (drivers or system restore) as WIN10 then adds Special Admin Permissions that stop the Rift working!

How does it stop the Oculus Rift working by adding Admin permissions? Admin permission to what exactly and if that's the case why not just grant admin permission?

@cybereality some input needed on this if it is indeed an issue?

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer

vannagirl said:

Thread about end of rift community has 55 comments, 766 views

Ohh the ironing!

whats that Vanna?? you eventually coming round to do my ironing ????….!!!!!!!

Wildt
Consultant
As you've probably noticed he turns all his complaints into clickbait drama hoping  for some extra attention and special treatment.

Just. Ignore.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb