Agree with nalex, no CV2 announcement in 2018 but frantic rumours about it towards the end of the year. I think there'll be a couple killer apps that'll be unique and compelling to VR, along with some good quality entertaining games.
50% of my posts will be made after the consumption of an unreasonable amount of alcohol
99% of ***@usernamedeleted*** posts will be for the purpose of baiting
Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19043.1081)
1) Oculus Go will be the gadget to get for xmas this year.
2) Pre order for Santa Cruz will be announced at OC5.
3) Demo of technology Oculus is working on for CV2 will be demo at OC5 (foveated rendering / multifocal) . But still no date announced.
4) VR 180 will become beter and more popular for VR than 360 videos. Google VR 180 will raise the bar of the quality/price ratio of VR 180 cameras. John Carmack helping in the video pipeline.
5) HTC will announce an improved vive beginning of January. The 8th to be more precise 😉
1) Release of Oculus Quest at F8. It will have about the same success as the Oculus Go.
2) Technical demo technologies that will probably be in the next Oculus Rift at OC6 but still no release date announced
3) Release of a "light" Rift with software IPD adjustment and better screen for 50$ less than the current price before Christmas.
4) After the release of Quest we'll have through the year a lot of news about games ported to Oculus Quest
5) AR still won't be a success
I predict that we won’t hear anything concrete about CV2 in 2018, but rather that they’ll keep it quiet until 6 months before release, and the announcement next year will be followed closely by pre-order sales going live.
I also predict that at Facebook Dev Con and Oculus Connect, we will hear about new tech that Oculus is working on, which may or may not make it into CV2, but will keep the hype train rolling and fuel more speculation and predictions.
i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2
.....For 2019, I predict:
- Quest will sell like hotcakes and be a big success.
- People will moan about Oculus abandoning PCVR.
- Rift S will be announced later in the year with higher res, better lenses, and Insight tracking at a very affordable price point ($300?).
- People will moan about Oculus abandoning Constellation tracking.
- Rift S will go on sale before year-end and will sell like hotcakes.
- People will moan about the lack of a major leap forward with new tech.
- FB/Oculus will yet again show off some fancy new tech at their conferences.
- People will moan about no solid info or release date for CV2.