cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best comparison video (vive vs rift)- This is all you need!

edguy1
Protege
If there's anyone who can give a good honest review and comparison  I've been a subscriber of this guy for a while as he's a genuine family guy with a mature attitude.

It's a long detailed video but very informative, Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agrc2OmAEYg

11 REPLIES 11

Creesball
Expert Protege
Great video.  I watched a lot of his Oculus videos the other night.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haven't watched the video, but isn't this the guy who admitted (think it was on Reddit?) that he was biased towards Rift? Or did I just dream that?

edguy1
Protege
He may call himself UKrifter where his name was created early days when the rift was a development kit ; however from watching all of his videos he's completely sincere with this non biased review - a like me and most of us here he just wants the best VR product regardless of company or who was here first.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I stand (or sit) corrected 🙂

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
Good comparison. Doesn't make the choice any easier though.

Oblongship
Heroic Explorer
It looks like he just compares Elite Dangerous which has several reddit articles about something with it not rendering on the Vive correctly.

It isn't the Vive's fault.

Chivas
Expert Protege
I've been following the development of the Rift and Vive from the beginning.  Its obvious to me that if you can't wait for the Touch's room scale VR, get the Vive now.  If you want a better headset get the Rift now, and the Touch inputs will likely be more refined than the Vive wands when released later this year.

wereman
Protege

Chivas said:

Touch inputs will likely be more refined than the Vive wands when released later this year.

From what i've seen it has some hand gestures as well like pointing and thumbs-up which could be used in games for more refined actions, like pushing buttons or poking out a jenga piece etc. I think the Vive only has the whole-hand claw grip.

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
@notsram I tried to read a little bit about UK Rifter's change of heart after V-Walker talked about it on one of the threads.  V - if you're still lurking here I did follow many of your posts.

It looks like he said a few things that were wildly incorrect like the Lighthouse lasers might be dangerous.  He also did a 180 about supporting the Oculus Store, and now falls firmly on the Valve side because he wants to support "open software". I agree with the principle of avoiding closed ecosystems, but I disagree that Steam is any better than Oculus in this regard.  I won't get into it here for fear of derailing things.  If anyone wants to discuss it, PM me.

His apology posts and video looked like a whipped dog.  I wondered if he may have been threatened with legal action for the statement about the lasers.  In any event, he was very contrite and obviously shaken by the whole affair.

Since then, he's tried very hard to be as unbiased as possible.  We all have biases to some degree, but I don't think he has any conflicts of interest and he obviously means well.  I spent tonight claiming bounties in ED rather than watching this video.  I'll have to sit down and watch it.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke