cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The cosmos launches tomorrow Sept. 12 but....

inovator
Consultant
WHY ALL THE SECRECY. I mean they won't give the specs until the live launch. A bad movie many times is not allowed to be reviewed before launch.  I'm just saying. 
61 REPLIES 61

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
"Why I'm no longer jealous of the Cosmos. And why the Cosmos really isn't 2nd gen"

right inovator?

😛 
 😄 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
In other news, apparently Pimax might release some news on their 8KX headset on September 16th or even a new headset. Who knows from them.Also HP Reverb is back in stock. So all go this week then.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

inovator
Consultant

"Why I'm no longer jealous of the Cosmos. And why the Cosmos really isn't 2nd gen"

right inovator?

😛 
 😄 

Could happen.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

inovator said:

WHY ALL THE SECRECY. I mean they won't give the specs until the live launch. A bad movie many times is not allowed to be reviewed before launch.  I'm just saying. 

Fundamentally, we are seen the HTC VR operation driven by the head office and they are fixated on their Asian roll-out The Western deployment is tied to their new partnerships with Qualcomm and also their involvement on a new 5G VR streaming hub. 

IMHO and not based on anything more than observation of the developments internationally, I would not be surprised that the Lenovo/OculusVR Rift-S and rumors of a possible updated version has shaped their secrecy - also the whole aspect of the "tether" [USB-C] cable and mobile-phone sync support, are elements they want to ensure is unique to their Cosmos platform.  
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

bigmike20vt
Visionary
lets be honest, all the big players will already know the exact specs of the cosmos.... they may not admit it but they will have sources. ... it is not like a usb c connection is some out there idea that no one else has thought off..... imo them releasing more info now would not affect other peoples headsets one way or the other.

Call me a pessimist but I tend tho go on the view that if a company is not giving detailed specs, then it means the detailed specs are not complimentary ....... (ie Oculus have in the past been reticent to spell out things like FOV when talking about rift S or Rift CV1 before launch - and it was not because they wanted to blow us all away on launch). Instead they focused on their platform and coming titles because that was where they knew they had the opposition beat.

I say this as someone who wants to be wrong because the cosmos is of interest to me.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

inovator
Consultant

lets be honest, all the big players will already know the exact specs of the cosmos.... they may not admit it but they will have sources. ... it is not like a usb c connection is some out there idea that no one else has thought off..... imo them releasing more info now would not affect other peoples headsets one way or the other.

Call me a pessimist but I tend tho go on the view that if a company is not giving detailed specs, then it means the detailed specs are not complimentary ....... (ie Oculus have in the past been reticent to spell out things like FOV when talking about rift S before launch - and it was not because they wanted to blow us all away on launch)

I say this as someone who wants to be wrong because the cosmos is of interest to me.

Exactly. I'm sure it will have some good features but if this head set was good enough they would want to get people excited before launch.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought we basically already knew the specs? They just don't have it all listed in one place yet. Other than price - or any super last min changes - what else did people want to know about the headset?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

In other news, apparently Pimax might release some news on their 8KX headset on September 16th or even a new headset. Who knows from them.Also HP Reverb is back in stock. So all go this week then.

So Reverb Gen3 display is 2 x 2160x2160 and Pimax 8KX Gen4 is 2 x 3840x2160. And I couldn't wait for Gen4 and now I'm stuck with a Gen2 hmd  :'( 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Mradr said:

I thought we basically already knew the specs? They just don't have it all listed in one place yet. Other than price - or any super last min changes - what else did people want to know about the headset?

Same here, specs were posted long ago, so unless HTC made last minute changes to the specs...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"