cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

These forums - augh!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I swear these Oculus forums are driving me crazy. Curious if this happens to anyone else.

Every few weeks, I will open the forums only to find myself logged out for some unexplained reason. I then have to go to the Oculus main page, and log in from there. Once logged in I go back to forums, and still not logged in to them. It stays this way for a while, even though I show logged in on the Oculus main page, until it eventually shows me logged back in on the forums.

I am using MS Edge, and it has been doing this every few weeks for a while now. Drives me batty!

17 REPLIES 17

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

dburne said:

I am using MS Edge, and it has been doing this every few weeks for a while now. Drives me batty!

That happened to me a lot in the past.
 Yesterday however, I got logged out once again and thought not this again!
But I logged in faster than ever. So I actually thought that the forum might have gotten an update as well.
 Running Firefox mostly btw.
Be good, die great !

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got logged back in using IE, Edge still will not show me logged in.

I suppose eventually it will - this in only forum of quite many I frequent that does this. Oculus really needs to do a facelift on their forums.

I also cleared all my history and cache, no difference.

vannagirl
Consultant
Does this chrome, Firefox, Dolphin and Safari

Facebook don’t care for forums, apparently 
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

bigmike20vt
Visionary
ditto here... the code behind these forums is frankly crap. combine that with the quoting bug which you have to jump through hoops to get around, it is a poor show considering the kind of company Facebook are imo.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whew, just now finally got it to show me signed in to Edge again.
So dang aggravating!

They just need to change the forum software a little. Get it to where one can sign in actually on the forums rather than being re-directed to Oculus.com to sign in separately from forums. Guess it can take a while for it to propagate to the forum software.At least that would seem to me what would make sense to this simple mind. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

ditto here... the code behind these forums is frankly crap. combine that with the quoting bug which you have to jump through hoops to get around, it is a poor show considering the kind of company Facebook are imo.

Yeah the quoting is pretty bad also, and a pain.

Can you also add your comments to this thread @dburne ?

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74475/i-think-its-time-for-a-forum-code-update/p2

I'm hoping if it keeps bumping in the support section, Oculus may respond.

Luciferous
Consultant
Yeah it is a bloody pain.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you also add your comments to this thread @dburne ?

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74475/i-think-its-time-for-a-forum-code-update/p2

I'm hoping if it keeps bumping in the support section, Oculus may respond.

Done, and thanks!