cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of getting an oculus

Froztiexs
Level 2

Im wondering if I should get one, but who can answer these questions for me it would be a lot of help!

1. Is the battery life good on the headset? Or do I NEED to buy the elite strap with battery pack

2.If there are some tips on what I should do before or when I get a quest 2, what are they?

3. Should I log in with my personal Facebook account when I use this vr?

4. Does this hurt or damage your eyes or health in any way?

5. Does this get boring like any other products there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hard to answer those as they are almost all subjective. The battery typically lasts 90-120 minutes. Is that long enough for you? You are expected to use a personal Facebook acocunt in good standing. If you setup a dummy one you risk having it banned. I've heard of no confirmed health issues, but everyone is different. If you have poor eyesight or need to use glassses, you may find VR more inconvenient than someone who does not.

Only you will know if VR might bore you. My cat will happily play with a tiny piece of foil for hours. I'm more demanding in my entertainment needs but find VR endlessly engrossing. Others (on here) find anything without photorealistic graphics intolerable. Your level will hopefully be somewhere towards the middle of that range.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hard to answer those as they are almost all subjective. The battery typically lasts 90-120 minutes. Is that long enough for you? You are expected to use a personal Facebook acocunt in good standing. If you setup a dummy one you risk having it banned. I've heard of no confirmed health issues, but everyone is different. If you have poor eyesight or need to use glassses, you may find VR more inconvenient than someone who does not.

Only you will know if VR might bore you. My cat will happily play with a tiny piece of foil for hours. I'm more demanding in my entertainment needs but find VR endlessly engrossing. Others (on here) find anything without photorealistic graphics intolerable. Your level will hopefully be somewhere towards the middle of that range.