With the 1.17 PC software
update (available now in our public test channel) we’re making it easier to
manage your content library all in one place. Now, you’ll be able to view and
launch all apps that support Rift from your computer or in VR, even if you
acquired them from outside the Oculus Store. We know people sideload apps for a
variety of reasons, so we've included some options to help provide flexibility
and control of what’s displayed. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• You can toggle displaying
    third party app titles “on” and “off” from the Filter menu of the Library in the
    upper right of the Oculus desktop app
  • You can remove individual
    apps from your Library (note that this does not uninstall the app; also, at
    this time, this action can’t be undone)
  • If you are using an app
    obtained or purchased outside the Oculus Store, your activity will simply
    display as "Online"
  • Library will still display
    the five most recently played apps. If you toggle “off” third party apps
    titles, they will be removed from recent activity

We’ll be iterating on Library
functionality and features with future patches. If you’re testing the release,
please share feedback with us via the PTC, and stay tuned for future updates.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
190 REPLIES 190

PISSED0FFvr
Protege

Keron119 said:

FolkSong said:

Keron119 said:

Project Cars launches in 2d mode from oculus home. Any ideas what parameters to use to get it into vr mode?

I haven't tried it from Home but the way to launch it directly into VR is by creating a shortcut to "steam://launch/234630/OtherVr". So maybe you can point Home to that instead of the exe.

Just tried this but it didn't work for me. I actually removed pcars from oculus home. Luckily I had a copy of the pcars json file. After copying back the file to the manifest folder, it showed in home again but I am back to the original problem of it only launching in 2d mode.

@Keron119 Any chance you would be able to let me get a copy of that JSON file (also, where the location where to place it within the file directory)?  Just trying to have PCARS show up at least in my OH library again.  Dropbox or any secure file sharing would be great!  

Thanks!

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
@Keron119  If my request messes with anything on your end you can just disregard.  I have already messaged Oculus Support to assist.  One way or the other we will all get our 3rd party titles to function properly...bottom-line! 

throughtheiris2
Explorer
A lot of great workarounds mentioned on here, but I guess this feature will all get ironed out in time. Do think that the ability to add third-party apps which you previously removed should be the next priority. It's just common sense that people uninstall and reinstall games all the time. I did what some people on here did, and removed an app or two by mistake, and that's going to happen to a lot of people somewhere down the line.

Anyhow, you think JSON exchanges may return apps to our library??? If so, I need SteamVR and Audioshield. I think its worth a try until Oculus sorts it out.

Keron119
Explorer

SUBZer0VR said:

@Keron119  If my request messes with anything on your end you can just disregard.  I have already messaged Oculus Support to assist.  One way or the other we will all get our 3rd party titles to function properly...bottom-line! 

Hey SUBZer0VR, I am not sure how to upload the files but I can email them to you if you send me your email.

DonkyBoY
Protege
@Keron119 

Try Onedrive or tinyupload.com maybe filehosting.org
Oculus CV1 room scale with 3 tracker's
i7 4790K @ 4.4Ghz with delid and Liquid metal ultra +Corsair H110i / MSI GTX1080Ti Sea Hawk / 32GB DDR3 @2400Mhz
(All rads running EK Furious Vardar F4 / F5 fans)
Sandisk Extreme for OS and Kingston SSD Now for games
Steam = http://steamcommunity.com/id/xgsdonkyboy
TS3 server = xgs.ts3.nz

Keron119
Explorer

DonkyBoY said:

@Keron119 

SUBZer0VR and DonkyBoY, let me know if this works.

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Manifests.rar

PISSED0FFvr
Protege

Keron119 said:

DonkyBoY said:

@Keron119 

SUBZer0VR and DonkyBoY, let me know if this works.

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Manifests.rar

@Keron119
I sent you a private PM on the Oculus Forums.  Hit me up as time permits...Thanks!

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
@Keron119

Thanks for the files!  However, NO-GO did not work.  Guess we will have to wait until the official work around or someone that understands the ins-and-outs of WHY this is what it is.  Appreciate it  

PISSED0FFvr
Protege

SUBZer0VR said:

@Keron119

Thanks for the files!  However, NO-GO did not work.  Guess we will have to wait until the official work around or someone that understands the ins-and-outs of WHY this is what it is.  Appreciate it  

Disregard this statement.  After a PC reboot the file has re-appeared in the Oculus Home library for me.  Big THANK YOU!  There is still the one issue of the game launching in 2D mode versus VR mode.  "Guess we will have to wait until the official work around or someone that understands the ins-and-outs of WHY this is what it is."  I sure they are already aware of this issue and have someone or a team to address it ASAP (Its not like they have big number of titles to address regarding 3rd party software lol).  

Keron119
Explorer

SUBZer0VR said:

SUBZer0VR said:

@Keron119

Disregard this statement.  After a PC reboot the file has re-appeared in the Oculus Home library for me.  Big THANK YOU!  There is still the one issue of the game launching in 2D mode versus VR mode.  "Guess we will have to wait until the official work around or someone that understands the ins-and-outs of WHY this is what it is."  I sure they are already aware of this issue and have someone or a team to address it ASAP (Its not like they have big number of titles to address regarding 3rd party software lol).  

Glad it worked. At least we now know how to get back games deleted from home.