With the 1.17 PC software
update (available now in our public test channel) we’re making it easier to
manage your content library all in one place. Now, you’ll be able to view and
launch all apps that support Rift from your computer or in VR, even if you
acquired them from outside the Oculus Store. We know people sideload apps for a
variety of reasons, so we've included some options to help provide flexibility
and control of what’s displayed. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• You can toggle displaying
    third party app titles “on” and “off” from the Filter menu of the Library in the
    upper right of the Oculus desktop app
  • You can remove individual
    apps from your Library (note that this does not uninstall the app; also, at
    this time, this action can’t be undone)
  • If you are using an app
    obtained or purchased outside the Oculus Store, your activity will simply
    display as "Online"
  • Library will still display
    the five most recently played apps. If you toggle “off” third party apps
    titles, they will be removed from recent activity

We’ll be iterating on Library
functionality and features with future patches. If you’re testing the release,
please share feedback with us via the PTC, and stay tuned for future updates.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
190 REPLIES 190

UsaRubber
Honored Guest

Uninstall Antivirus completely - then try. These are the same issues i have had - strange behaviour and bios loops. 

That shouldn't be an issue, like I stated it was working flawlessly before with exactly the same setup, the only change made was oculus update. I don't use antivirus on this computer. It's strictly for gaming.

My gpu literally wont boost past 300mhz with the rift plugged in.

Update: Uninstalled Rift drivers entirely. When trying to instal, finishes download then Says RESTART, encountered an error. I''m amazed at how seamless this whole experience was until it came crashing down within a 12 hour period, Quite amazing actually. Can't even download the drivers anymore lol. 

Stumpy2101
Protege
Have happily used icons from the Reddit repository for custom icons to update the icons of some of my 3rd party apps. But when it comes to the SteamVR one, I cant use the same process as with the others since I cant seem to find a SteamVR related directory for this purpose.
The process I am referring to is: Replace the auto-generated icons for 3rd party apps in your
\Oculus\Software\Software\StoreAssets\ folder with fancy hand made ones.
Any advice where the Oculus Home Steam VR Library App entity points to so that I can replace the ugly black box (labelled "vrstartup.exe") with the better icon?
Although this being only cosmetic in nature, any advice and support is much appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am really liking the third party apps feature. 
One flight sim I have, IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad, after running it the executable was added properly in Oculus Home with the proper icon. I can now launch it from within the Home environment no problem.

Don't know if this is a bug with this new feature or not, but on the other hand DCS does not seem to work properly. After running it, the shortcut was added in the Home Environment, however no icon. When I launch it from within Oculus Home, it loads up into the DCS Hangar, but there is no menu GUI at all and no sound at all. Just the view of the hangar. I checked it again outside of Oculus Home, and it launches properly using the regular desktop executable I have. The exe file is DCS.exe, and that is what is showing in Oculus Home as well.

Another Oculus user over on the DCS forums is reporting this same behavior as well.

throughtheiris2
Explorer
@Stumpy2101. I sent you a PM with something to try. No idea if it'll work.

throughtheiris2
Explorer
@dburn. Seems some games do not work using this method. I cannot get a few to work myself. It generally has something to do with starting the game directly from the exe or sometimes the launch parameters used. But anomaly's exist, like the one you have experienced. Maybe someone has run into that issue and sorted it out, so hope someone can help you out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dburn. Seems some games do not work using this method. I cannot get a few to work myself. It generally has something to do with starting the game directly from the exe or sometimes the launch parameters used. But anomaly's exist, like the one you have experienced. Maybe someone has run into that issue and sorted it out, so hope someone can help you out.

Ok thanks, will be keeping an eye out down  the road. 

Stumpy2101
Protege
@throughtheiris25 Thank you for the effort and support but unfortunately it did not work :'(
Nevertheless was worth a try.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained B)

Greyman
Superstar
It'd be nice if OH could recognise Flyinside XP, instead of the instance of XPlane that it launches, as any subsequent attempt to run it just loads native XPlane and the VR benefits of FI XP are not available.  

This is presumably the same with Flyinside FSX?

No major biggy, as i can continue to run it from a desktop FI XP shortcut.

jaconcha
Explorer

Phrap said:

There seems to be a conflict with this Beta update and Unity. Unity will constantly freeze every few seconds or so while the OVR Server process is alive while on 1.17.X, but does not do this when un-enrolling from the beta channel and downgrading to 1.16.X.

I am having this exact same problem.  It seems to be when you change between windows in the Unity Editor.  If you stay in one window, it's able to run smoothly.  Are there any solutions out there to this?  It's as close to blocking as a blocker can be.  It may also be related to the latest Windows 10 update, since I received both between sessions of Unity work.

Just to restate the issue - While Oculus VR Runtime Service is running (in Windows Services), changing focus between Editor windows in any Unity project (of any size/complexity) is followed by a 4-10 second freeze of all input.

Mane_Vr
Protege
found the issue I am having it is in the post below
it's all about the games... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClB-X7Pp9kEirCJpRvMc3cg